Windows 7 no internet connection on boot.

Associate
Everytime I turn on my machine since installing Windows 7 I have no internet connection. I have tried both Firefox & IE 8 and both will not load any webpages and I can't even log onto to my router.

The router is working fine as my xbox and other PCs in the house can connect to the internet ok but the only way I can get it working on my Win 7 PC is to reboot the router and then it kicks into life.

Any ideas as it's pretty annoying having to mess around everytime! :mad:

Associate
Everytime I turn on my machine since installing Windows 7 I have no internet connection. I have tried both Firefox & IE 8 and both will not load any webpages and I can't even log onto to my router.

The router is working fine as my xbox and other PCs in the house can connect to the internet ok but the only way I can get it working on my Win 7 PC is to reboot the router and then it kicks into life.

Any ideas as it's pretty annoying having to mess around everytime! :mad:

Are you using a wireless or an ethernet connection?

Soldato
I get that too. Perhaps a 50/50 chance. Have to disable/re-enable the connection for it to work.

Edit: Incidentally, what motherboard are you using? Mine's a Gigabyte GA-M720-US3.

Edit 2: (As per the post below) Had to install realtec drivers before it even worked at all.

Last edited:
Associate
I was having the same issues actually. Was thinking it was probably just due to it being pre release as I was on RC but hopefully drivers should fix it.

Associate
I Have the same problem too, motherboard Asus Striker II Formula nForce 780i.
not sure were to find latest lan drivers too try i have google'd them but its all confusing me any help please.

Associate
Same thing here. Intermittend issue on every 1 in 3 reboots it says it's not connected to the internet.Disabling and enabling the Lan connection solves it.

Associate
OP
I will try finding some new drivers, as I note I have found just taking the ethernet cable out the back of the pc and plugging it back in causes it to kick into life, saves a reboot anyway. :(

Edit/ Just checked the Shuttle website and there was a new LAN driver dated 23rd October for Windows 7, have now installed and the internet worked from a cold boot! Fingers crossed that fixed it. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a similar issue with my onboard Marvell Yukon ethernet ports I had to download the latest drivers from the Marvell site and also disable the power saving option in the ethernet controller properties.

Associate
If you're having trouble with your internet connection with Windows 7 you could try the following:

Go to: Network and Sharing - Change Adapter Settings - Properties - Configure - Power Management - uncheck allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

It worked for me :)

Last edited:
Soldato
i'm getting this problem too. It drops every 5 - 20 minutes whilst browsing too, but never whilst gaming or downloading.

There's a 50+ page thread on it here
http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/9075-ethernet-connection-drop-51.html
But it seems it's still mostly confusion.

My motherboard manufacturer haven't released any updated LAN drivers yet so i'm still waiting on those.

Just tried th epower config suggestion though so we'll see how that works out.

Back
Top Bottom