Post Processing / Actions Etc Sharing

Soldato
This is probably going to sound cheeky but after reading the last couple of pages of the post your pics thread I saw this reply

I used Lightroom and High-Pass sharpened and added the watermarks in photoshop.

The first two have the vibrance about 45, an S curve for contrast, increased Saturation useing the HSL everything by 15 except blue 40 aqua 25 green 40 yellow 35 orange 45, increased lumimance of greens and yellows, decreased blues. The third has the vibrance reduced and all HSL values halved (roughly). The other ones are all standard tweaks in Lightroom plus a gradient map addded at 5% opacity with a levels adjustment to make the blacks appear washed out at 33% opacity.

I don't use presets unless I'm batch processing then I use something I call the 'L' Look. Just higher contrast vibrant colours, higher contrast and clarity. So the images of coffee and my jeans used my 'L' preset and my washed out Ps action.

And it got me thinking about what post processing / action presets people use when either batch processing or processing individual photographs and if anyone was willing to share their trade secrets as it were.

From a personal point of view my post processing skills are zero. slap a few auto adjustments and increase the vibrance and a bit of unsharp mask is about my level but throughout the forum I've seen so many good pieces of processing to add an extra dimension to the images posted and thought, how do they do that :)

Associate
Well I suppose if I caused it I'll start with what I described there my 'L' lens look...

Try this out: http://www.fileshost.com/getfile.php?id=23326& Works well for massive numbers of images to give them punch. Note there is no NR/Sharpening I find lightroom doesn't work as well as Ps in terms of sharpening and Noise reduction...

...useing...

Sorry about the spelling.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom