• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** A Very Late VTX 58** Delivery ***

Suspended
*** *** VTX ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £339.97 inc VAT *** ***

GX-120-PC_400.jpg

Prepare to experience a riveting high-definition gaming experience with the ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series graphics processors. Expand your visual real estate across up to three displays and get lost in the action with revolutionary ATI Eyefinity Technology. Using ATI Stream technology, accelerate even the most demanding applications and do more than ever with your PC. The first to deliver full support for Microsoft DirectX 11, these GPUs enable rich, realistic visuals and explosive HD gaming performance so you can dominate the competition.

- Core Clock: 850MHz
- Memory: 1024MB GDDR5
- Memory Clock: 4800MHz (Effective)
- Memory Bandwidth: 153.6GB/s
- Processing Cores: 1600
- Bus Type: PCI-Express 2.1
- Display Connectors: 2 Dual-Link DVI-I, 1 HDMI & 1 DisplayPort
- HDCP Capable
- DirectX 11 Support
- OpenGL 3.2 Support
- ATI CrossFireX Ready
- ATI Eyefinity Technology
- ATI Avivo HD
- ATI Stream Technology
- Warranty: 1 Year

Only £339.97 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

*** *** VTX ATI Radeon HD 5850 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £239.99 inc VAT *** ***

GX-121-PC_400.jpg

Prepare to experience a riveting high-definition gaming experience with the ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series graphics processors. Expand your visual real estate across up to three displays and get lost in the action with revolutionary ATI Eyefinity Technology. Using ATI Stream technology, accelerate even the most demanding applications and do more than ever with your PC. The first to deliver full support for Microsoft DirectX 11, these GPUs enable rich, realistic visuals and explosive HD gaming performance so you can dominate the competition.

- Core Clock: 725MHz
- Memory: 1024MB GDDR5
- Memory Clock: 4000MHz (Effective)
- Memory Bandwidth: 128.0GB/s
- Processing Cores: 1440
- Bus Type: PCI-Express 2.1
- Display Connectors: 2 Dual-Link DVI-I, 1 HDMI & 1 DisplayPort
- HDCP Capable
- DirectX 11 Support
- OpenGL 3.2 Support
- ATI CrossFireX Ready
- ATI Eyefinity Technology
- ATI Avivo HD
- ATI Stream Technology
- Warranty: 1 Year

Only £239.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
I know at a core level all 58XX's are the same but I have never heard about VTX. With one year warranty I am a little nervous at dropping that amount of money on a product that is unknown to me. I do not see a many reviews either, mostly forum posts. Are they new?

Anyone any experience with these? The 5870 is no cheaper then the XFX, Powercolour and Sapphire which all have 2 year warranties.

Given the travel chaos I doub't I'd get it before xmas anyway but still temptiing none the less.

Soldato
I know at a core level all 58XX's are the same but I have never heard about VTX. With one year warranty I am a little nervous at dropping that amount of money on a product that is unknown to me. I do not see a many reviews either, mostly forum posts. Are they new?

Anyone any experience with these? The 5870 is no cheaper then the XFX, Powercolour and Sapphire which all have 2 year warranties.

Given the travel chaos I doub't I'd get it before xmas anyway but still temptiing none the less.

VTX are part of Powercolor im led to believe and Powercolor are a joke for RMA in the UK,do a search on goggle.
Ive emailed them had no reply as many others have and had no luck.

Associate

Also everything you buy (including this) in the EU has a 2 year warranty as standard.....it's just not well known.......

jobe

Associate
I'm in the same boat as reflux really as I'd probably like another for crossfire!

I can't speak for the RMA service that is provided but when I bought mine near launch at £199 :) as I understood, the cards from all manufacturers at that stage were all the same, just with different stickers and accessories. Mine has been great aside from some difficulties with the Cat 9.11s but I put that down to ATi. I think the beauty of these cards (5850s in general) is that they are not strung out from birth and being clocked to within an inch of their life, they run cool and have loads of room for overclocking, very pleased with my VTX5850 anyway,

regards,
J.

Soldato

You give reasons not to buy it, ie cost(they are all overpriced), length of warranty(only one year, I would'nt touch it), brand unknown, and then say 'tempting none the less', WHY!:p

Associate
You give reasons not to buy it, ie cost(they are all overpriced), length of warranty(only one year, I would'nt touch it), brand unknown, and then say 'tempting none the less', WHY!:p

Why? because as I said I know they are the same at a base level therefore they should have roughly the same reliability. It was tempting because they are one of the few in stock and I wanted to build over the holidays, the weather has put that idea out of my head.

If a company puts a one year warranty product at the same price point where others are giving two then despite them being the very similar cards I am more naturally wary of buying their product. If it was cheaper them tempting would probably have turned into a purchase.

Associate
I tried to RMA a Powercolor HD4870x2 with overclockers. It had 1 month left on a 2 year warranty, OCUK sent it to Powercolor in Netherlands where it stayed for 2 months. I had to fight to get any compensation. The graphics card cost me £386 and OCUK would only refund me £100. I stated to them that it had a 2 year RMA and they said thats all they can do. Absolute joke of a company.

Morale to this story, DO NOT BUY FROM POWERCOLOR OR OCUK.

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom