• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***** Sapphire Active DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter *****

Soldato
*** *** Sapphire Active DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter @ £77.99 inc VAT *** ***

GX-223-SP_400.jpg

In addition to spectacular image clarity, speed and visual effects, the Sapphire HD 5000 series supports the new multi-monitor mode known as ATI Eyefinity. This allows a single GPU to display a choice of images over an array of several monitors. The cards support up to three monitors, with a resolution of up to 7680x1600. This opens up exciting possibilities not just for multi-screen gaming, but also for information systems, multimedia systems and promotional displays.

However, with this family of cards, although two of the screens can be connected directly to the DVI or HDMI outputs on the card, the third display has to be driven from the DisplayPort output. Some users have expressed concern about the cost or availability of DisplayPort compatible monitors, or a wish to match existing monitor styles.

Sapphire has introduced an active powered DisplayPort to DVI converter, which allows any standard DVI monitor to be used as the third screen and enabled in Eyefinity mode. This allows users to update their existing multi-monitor setup to use Eyefinity, or to add a lower cost DVI monitor to complete their Eyefinity system. The SAPPHIRE converter is simply plugged into the DisplayPort output of the graphics card, together with a standard USB connection to provide power. A standard DVI monitor cable can then be connected to the female DVI connector on the unit.

Only £77.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
Excellent news, I can look forward to my new system now in the new year and get rid of the triple head to be replaced by a 5970 to drive my 3 * 2407's.

Well done OUK.

Taff

Soldato
Am I being really thick here? With our new machines at work, we get 2 DisplayPort to DVI adapter/cables as our monitors are still DVI ... i use one of these cables per computer and throw the other away, these cables sell for about £5 on a well known auction site.

So, why is this adapter £80 and why do people buy it over a £5 alternative, or am i missing something?

Caporegime
Am I being really thick here? With our new machines at work, we get 2 DisplayPort to DVI adapter/cables as our monitors are still DVI ... i use one of these cables per computer and throw the other away, these cables sell for about £5 on a well known auction site.

So, why is this adapter £80 and why do people buy it over a £5 alternative, or am i missing something?

Are they active? Passive will not work with tri screens with ATI cards. And up till now all the outlets sellings active adapters are much more tham ocuk if you can find them in the uk at all.

If you are getting active adapters for free then I suggest you sell them on ebay for £80 and make a killing.
:eek:

Associate

You need this adapter to run a 3 screen eyefinity setup. One screen has to be plugged into the DP output on the ATI 5*** series cards.

The only place you can get these in UK is importing from the Far East or using a MAC adapter plus another adapter from the US.

Me thinks the stock of 10 will go fast!!!!!!

Soldato
I have no idea if they're active, how would one tell? I just slap them in to the back of the 3470's that come in the machines, hook a DVI cable from them to the monitors, and off we pop

They'll have some form of power cable. If you look at the picture, it has a USB cable to supply power. I don't know exactly WHY eyefinity requires an active adaptor (if you wish to use monitors without DisplayPorts), but it does, and they aren't cheap! :eek:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure if your cables cost £5, they won't be powered.

Back
Top Bottom