Returning Shoes - Sports Direct

Soldato
As per title.

I bought a pair of golf shoes from Sports Direct today. I tried on 12s, and they were like boats - waaaay to big. I tried on 11s and thought they'd do. However, I've just had them on my feet for 10 minutes, and they're a bit too snug for comfort.

I bought them from Crawley, and AFAIK they had no other suitable shoes in stock. I'm going to Brighton in the week for a spot of sale shopping and am pondering on the idea of returning them to their Brighton branch for an exchange/credit note/refund.

Has anyone had experience in buying from one SD store and returning items to another? Will they tell me to sling my hook?

Ta.

Soldato
all new shoes will feel like this.. you need to walk at least 2-3 hrs in them to kinda make a shape around your foot.. keep them and use them a bit more.. if not im sure they have 14 or so days replacement/refund thingy going on...

Soldato
It all depends on how much 'give' there is in material of the shoe. I've found that some shoes/trainers will expand slightly with time but i've had some that just won't budge at all. Shoes also vary in shape so may not be suitable for your your own foot shape. So as grudas suggests, walk around in them in the house for a few hours and see if it improves. I wouldn't go out in them as they'll probably tell you where to go if you try and exchange them.

Do remember though that if you're exercising (not sure how much you exercise on your golf round) your feet will expand slightly and that could mean that they will pinch even more if they are already very snug.

Personally i would return them or exchange them for shoes that feel more comfortable from the word go but i don't know a great deal about golf shoes.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Sports Direct only give store credit not cash refunds, although I cant see there being a problem with you returning them to a different branch

Soldato
OP
all new shoes will feel like this.. you need to walk at least 2-3 hrs in them to kinda make a shape around your foot.. keep them and use them a bit more.. if not im sure they have 14 or so days replacement/refund thingy going on...

I doubt I'll survive a round of golf in them TBH. They won't give much as they're synthetic (I bought them thinking they were leather).

Yep, grudas is spot on, give them a working in, go for a 5 miles jog :p

Will definitely have a refund replacement policy.

My feet will implode long before the end of a 5 mile jog in them. Infact, I'd implode long before the end of a 5 mile jog. :D

Sports Direct only give store credit not cash refunds, although I cant see there being a problem with you returning them to a different branch

Cool. I might ring their Brighton store to find out if it is okay to take them back and ask what golf shoes they have in my size.

Cheers guys!

Associate
Sports direct are infamous for there returns policy, M&S they are not.

to elaborate if you have walked even a mile outdoors in them I doubt they will take them back.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sports direct are infamous for there returns policy, M&S they are not.

to elaborate if you have walked even a mile outdoors in them I doubt they will take them back.

I don't expect them to have the best customer service policies in the world as they're so cheap. However, I've literally worn them a few minutes wandering about the house, so they're unmarked.

I rang the Brighton branch to be told it's okay for me to exchange them there, so I'll go and see what they have in stock later.

I need to buy some shoes in the next few days because I'm meant to be playing golf this coming week. Golf in trainers + winter is not fun!

Soldato
If I were you I'd say they're unworn, even if they've just been in the house for five minutes. They are an absolute pain in the arse for returning things like this.

I've had toruble with them on a few occasions when all I wanted was an exchange.

Associate
the sad fact is you have no rights on this at all.

If you buy shoes of the wrong size thats it, they have no obligation to replace them give you a credit note or your money back.

Many shops if you return the stuff in perfect condition will do one of the above as an act of goodwill, sports direct are not renowned for being one of those "many shops".

Soldato
OP
Sports Direct were no trouble at all. I got an exchange with no hassle at all.

Bin them and buy something made by footjoy :)

(but not greenjoys)

*looks at black Greenjoys on feet*

Erm, what's wrong with Greenjoys? I tried some Nike Air Max golf shoes - they were leather, but weren't anything like as comfy as the Greenjoys. They had no other FJs in stock in my size. :(

I hope they're ok - pretty damn comfy TBH.

Awwwwh crap

Yus...I'm a noob :(

To be fair, the first few times I saw it in my profile I believed it myself. :o :D

Soldato
*looks at black Greenjoys on feet*

Erm, what's wrong with Greenjoys? I tried some Nike Air Max golf shoes - they were leather, but weren't anything like as comfy as the Greenjoys. They had no other FJs in stock in my size. :(

I hope they're ok - pretty damn comfy TBH.

:D

Yeh they are pretty good, just that AQLs or Drs are much better for only a little added money. Greenjoys aren't all that waterproof apparently, but mainly if you don't keep them clean and the muck stops water beading off.

Soldato
OP
Yeh they are pretty good, just that AQLs or Drs are much better for only a little added money. Greenjoys aren't all that waterproof apparently, but mainly if you don't keep them clean and the muck stops water beading off.

Well after reading reviews it seems that they're not the best in terms of waterproofing, so I may be going back to change them for the (more) waterproof Nikes that I mentioned earlier.

I dragged the wife to Brighton today against her will in order to change the shoes, now we're going back tomorrow. I'm so in her good books right now. :D

Back
Top Bottom