Robocain - Robocop 2 robot

Associate
Dont know if anyone wants to follow a rather long project im just starting, im going to make the Robocain robot but its going to take quite a while as im doing it all by hand (no cnc).

The real puppet used in the film looks like this:

cain1.jpg

cain2.jpg

it stands about 14 inches tall, Im going to make it 19-20 inches tall.

I could post progress in here or just a link to my site?
http://www.ukmonsters.co.uk/robocain/robocain.html

might be best as its a slow process!

Man of Honour
That looks very interesting, good luck with it. :)

A couple of questions, how long do you think it will take you and what tools do you use to machine the parts?

Associate
are you sure your not iron man :D

*edit, just looked at your website, amazing what you can achieve with a drill press and some hack saws :)

Do you use your drill press as a make shift milling machine?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That looks very interesting, good luck with it. :)

A couple of questions, how long do you think it will take you and what tools do you use to machine the parts?

I think it'll take about 1000 hours, maybe a year. I have a little micro milling machine and a mini lathe

what mats are you using?

mats? eh, im not an engineer so if thats an engineering term you better translate it into laymans.

are you sure your not iron man :D

*edit, just looked at your website, amazing what you can achieve with a drill press and some hack saws :)

Do you use your drill press as a make shift milling machine?

no i have a mill now, but yeh i did just have a drill press for some of my early stuff, i just used to cut everything out with a hacksaw and then file it smooth, dont know how I used to do it!

Associate
subscribed and bookmarked your page.

Think of it this way peeps - if the guy is this talented even if his missus gets 'neglected' then i'm sure she's got a good selection of homemade toys to keep her occupied.....

Associate
OP
lol, funny you should say that, i got asked to quote on a ..... hook .... thing with a ball on the end the other day.

Anyway, Aluminium will be the main metal, the plastic looking parts are urethane on the real model but I dont want to cast anything so i'll be using delrin and styrene for the really fiddly bits.

Back
Top Bottom