Your Favourite place in the world?

Soldato
Inspired by the coconut thread I thought what my favourite place in the world is. Without a doubt its the islands in Thailand. In particular Koh Phangan, Ban Thai, Liberty Bungalows.

I ended up going back to this place 3 times. Travelled around and all over the island by motorbike and push bike, watched some Mui Thai, went to the local markets, climbed a waterfall! 2 full moon parties in Haad rin, a half moon and a black moon (which was about 20 meters from my room)

No cares what so ever, a few beers every night with tasty (but cheap) food, talk to and met randoms local and from over the world then partied hard with some of them. Went crab fishing with local people (was terrible at it) Made fires on the beach and stayed up all night...

What is your favourite place in the world? Pictures would be good too

100_0031Medium.jpg

southern coast of koh phangan
100_0032Medium.jpg

day before full moon
100_0033Medium.jpg

100_0021Medium.jpg

100_0025Medium.jpg

Haad rin (full moon) beach
100_0008Medium.jpg

Soldato
Hmm hard choice between Heron Island off the Great barrier reef and Sun Island in the Maldives..
Both are pretty much paradise on a stick.

Not sure I have pics though I'm afraid.

Soldato
OP
How, why and how much did you do this for? Gap year?

Travelling from End of july 08 - Feb 09. 3 months in thailand first. £20 a day, covered 3 meals a day, beer and going out money, accomodation like you see in pic, motorbike rental, travel between islands and even a week scuba diving. (less can be said about OZ, NZ, USA on the money part)

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Did you plan it, or did you just turn up and explore? I'm seriously considering back-packing on the cheap later this year/early next year.

Soldato
OP
Did you plan it, or did you just turn up and explore? I'm seriously considering back-packing on the cheap later this year/early next year.

I booked flights and travel in a few counteries but i had the flight to bangkok, 1 night in a hostel then was on my own for 3 months until i flew from singapore. I ended up going to Laos too which was also fantastic

Soldato
North east brasil, 30mins north fortaleza, place called cumbuco.

n1612710001138441476.jpg

Either that, or the Normanton church on rutland water. Or belvoir castle looking onto the 'shire'. All represent 3 very vivid stages of my life.

Associate
Looks like paradise on earth Thailand, purely for the drink party meeting new aspect of it coupled with the stunning scenery!

Havent been to my favourite place on earth yet but im still young, 22 , so plan on doing so.

*several years later updates thread when its long and forgotten :D*

Soldato
Venice is very special, an amazing atmosphere by day and night, I have to go back sometime!

Norway? Scenery is jaw dropping, you have to be stood right there on the edge of a fjord to really take it all in.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Home. Not my own home, the home I grew up in where my parents still live.

I've been to Majorca once, France twice for the weekend and Scotland many many times. So far we can't beat home.

Not been born into the holiday thing like many are as we've been too poor for that, so camping in Scotland is the main attration and it still is an attraction. Hoping to go to Mull or Orkney this year and will probably be in the tent with the dogs and the other half.

I like a bit of adventure. We did the pool holiday last year but meh... OK for a family but it's just not for me. I like to explore and get lost. I can't see the attraction of doing that year in year out.

Back
Top Bottom