EXCLUSIVE SITECOM WL-585 WIRELESS N MODEM ROUTER 300MBPS BUNDLE

Associate
SiteCom WL-585 Wireless N Modem Router 300Mbps Bundle *EXCLUSIVE OcUK Deal* @ £88.99 inc VAT

NW-002-SC_400.jpg

Create a high-speed wireless network with speeds up to 300 Mbps and connect with ADSL internet, Use this Wireless ADSL 2+ Modem Router 300N X3 to set up a wireless home network with superior throughput and an unparalleled wireless range. This Router enables you to wirelessly share files and broadband Internet access, as well as the peripheral *devices attached to the PC’s in your network.

- Up to ADSL 2+ compatible
- 802.11b+g+n (draft 2.0) Wireless Standard Protocol
- Wireless speeds up to 300 Mbps
- 802.3, 802.3u 802.3a-t Security: WEP 64 & 128 bits, WPA-TKIP, WPA-AES, WPA2, WPA-Radius
- Compatible with Dynamic IP, Static IP, PPPoE and PPTP internet connections
- Three internal antennas
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Universal Plug & Play (uPnP)
- Application Layer Gateway (ALG)
- Access point disable functionality
- ISP selector
- ON/OFF button
- 10 Year Sitecom Direct Warranty

Only £88.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Associate
does this have a gigabit or 100mb switch ? quick look on the Sitecom website doesn't help, the data sheet has no information in it.

Edit, scrap that, downloaded the manual, 100mb for those who are interested.

Associate
OP
does this have a gigabit or 100mb switch ? quick look on the Sitecom website doesn't help, the data sheet has no information in it.

Edit, scrap that, downloaded the manual, 100mb for those who are interested.

That is correct there are four 10/100 Mbps Switch Ports (Auto-Crossover)

Soldato
I know it says ADSL but would this work with a virgin media cable setup? It would work either instead of the cable modem (with optical connection) or in series (in addition)? Also what is meant by bundle? Does it include notebook adaptors? I assume a new adaptor is needed to get n speeds.

Does it have ethernet ports? I prefer to carry out gaming via cable so it won't effect the ping.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Associate
I wouldn't have thought it's compatible with cable broadband, the cable modems VM supply are specific to their network and can’t be replaced with an ADSL modem router. You need a cable broadband router :)

The bundle contains the modem router and a USB n series adapter. The manual says it's completely backwards compatible with b/g wireless networks but to get the best speed, and the benefit of better range out of any n series wireless setup you should pair it up with n series adapters. There's four 10/100 Mbps ethernet ports on the back.

Soldato
I am honoured that your first post is to help me out. I'm only interested in the lan ports and the wireless n. My current router a WRT54GS has a WAN port and 4 LAN ports. Would this device have a WAN port so the cable modem signal could bypass the ADSL part of this device?

Associate
@megatron; you're welcome, I've lurked for a long while now and decided I should start posting here. I'm about to start overclocking again and I'm so outa touch (~5yrs) I feel like a n00b again - so I'm expecting to post loads of questions :o

I've never tried using a modem router as a switch and can't find anything in the manual that says one of the ports can be used as an uplink... so I'd say it probably wouldn't work.

I was using a buffalo router with DD-WRT until a few months ago, but now use one of these. I miss the control and cool things I could do with the DD-WRT firmware, but the speed and better range definitely makes up for it.

Associate
This is tempting, I;ve been eyeing up a Draytek router but I don't really need all the extra funtionality. I just need a DSL router thats stable, my Netgear crash's regularly and is a bugger to reboot.

Starflyer (cool name btw, awesome books. Damn Primes) how do you find it for reliability?

Associate
@Talon; it locked up once using utorrent, I moved to bitcomet a while back and it's been fine since. Saying that I don't download much any more, maybe the odd linux dvd to try out.

By DSL you mean cable? If so it is this one your talking about isn't it?

Excellent books, read them a couple of times each now, have you read any Alistair Reynolds... even better IMHO.

Associate
Which Books ?

I just started reading the Confederation Series, but I'll need something after that :)

Thanks for the info btw :)

I ordered one of these today.

Associate
Yeh, the Confederation novels and his other recent work set in the same era. Dan Simmons' Hyperion and Endymion books are definitely worth a read if you haven't already.

Anyway... completely off topic now so I'll resist posting any other suggestions :eek:

Soldato
Anything is an improvement from a BT voyager tbh. Depends what you're using it for though, you might not actually be able to get much better speeds on your line, depends. Not sure if you can alter sync speeds on this router, but it will provide much better throughput and wireless range than the BT.

Soldato
I think it means an exclusive deal on the bundle there. Get your posts up and you'll have free shipping too, making it even more bargainous!

Back
Top Bottom