My 1st ever full build log - likely to need your support!

Associate
Putting the following together over the weekend together with an i7 920 do (oem) and a 1tb WD Caviar Black hard drive (oem):

photo041.jpg

I have only ever upgraded componenets before and so I'm rather nervous. Building my own PC is something I've always wanted to do and at age 33 I am finally in a position to do it!

I'll no doubt need your support and advice whilst I put this together (I did warn you in a previous thread that I would mither!). If you find that I ask stupid questions over the course of the weekend then please have patience with me. I'm sure you will all do me proud and help me get through it successfully and I sure know that I will appreciate that. Wish me luck.

RJC

RJC

Don
Nice system :)

When building take your time, remember to always check the manual!
I built my first system about 3 years ago and did not have any problems :)
If you do always ask here. Good luck.

Associate
Good luck mate. I was in the same position two years ago and aslong as you take your time you will be fine. Try your best to keep your cables as tidy as possible. Its one thing that has bugged me since i built my first computer and hopefully will be able to sort it this weekend.

Everyone has asked silly questions in their time so dont worry about it. If i doubt shout up. Be nothing worse than being unsure about something and it going wrong.

Once again good luck

Associate
you should be fine, my friend did one on here week before last and didnt have a problem, if you have any questions ask and someone normally answers within minutes. thats also a very nice setup u have there

Soldato
I was in the same boat as you last week, if you need any support the forums are always here, take your time and have fun, its a very rewarding thing building your own

Associate
OP
Cheers gents. I'm just starting my build now and I have my first question already! The DVD drive doesn't include a sata cable, is that normal and is it expected to use one supplied with the mobo?

Soldato
Cheers gents. I'm just starting my build now and I have my first question already! The DVD drive doesn't include a sata cable, is that normal and is it expected to use one supplied with the mobo?

yep use one of the ones that came with your motherboard, my sony retail one didnt come with one either

Associate
I built my first computer a couple of weeks ago. The time flew by, my only concern was fitting the heatsink (latch/lever design) on the CPU (stock amd/ Phenom 955) needed to apply somewhat more pressure than i realised. I was amazed when it booted first time and windows installed without any problems. Only error made was spending 30 minutes trying to connect to the internet using a memory stick, rather than using the traditional usb wireless adaptor.

Associate
OP
Have really been taking my time, reading the instructions for everything lol. Have got all the components installed now, except the soundcard as it is in my current system and I'm watching the match online at the moment.

All I'll have to do later is connect all the cables which is probably what I'm most worried about. Will try my best to get it tidy.

I have to say that the Cool-It Eco was an absolute joy to fit, I just hope it performs as well.

Associate
OP
Here she is in her current state:

buildlog001.jpg

Something that is bothering me is the power connection froom the Cool-It as it is quite short and the only option I seem to have is to connect it over the top of ram modules as in this pic:

buildlog004.jpg

Associate
Nice build chap.
One of these Akasa AK-H254 60CM 3-Pin Fan Extension Cable could possibly help solve your problem, if it works you could connect it up and take the cable over the top of the mobo and route it to the header that one.

Back
Top Bottom