Corsair H50 - Need Longer Screws

Kae

Kae

Permabanned
Hi Guys,

I decided to get the Corsair H50 cooler for my computer, but the combination of the rear grill, case, vibration dampening, the fan and finally into the cooler, the screws just aren't long enough.

At the moment, I've got two screws holding the fan and cooler together, then two screws holding the fan onto the case. Not great!

Does anyone know the correct size screws that I need?

Cheers,

Andy.

Soldato
Screws.png

http://blog.corsair.com/?p=987

This was what I could find from previous memory.

Kae

Kae

Permabanned
OP
Cheers!

Searched the internet, but could only find one place to sell the 6-32 screws in anything other than the shorter lenghts. Ended up ordering UNF head bolts!

Hopefully should arrive in the next few days, and I can have a securely mounted radiator/fan.

Cheers,

Andy.

Associate
This is a bit strange. I changed my H50 from stock to the push and pull exhaust set-up and I am reading the exact same temperature as I had with the stock set-up.

Seems the cost of 2 new fans was a waste of my penny's ;).

Soldato
I would have thought so to m8 tbh im considering getting one of these myself but using apache blacks on it. I think you will find that when over clocking you will be able to go higher and keep the cpu cooler than you would with air cooling though with it.

Associate
I am pleased with it. ;)
One thing it is a lot quieter and cooler than my old cooler and on second inspection I can see that even though my cpu temp is the same as with the stock set-up that my motherboard and GPU temps have dropped by about 5 dg. I would say that would be because of exhausting rather than blowing hot air into the case.

Soldato
Yeah im deffinatly going exhaust if I go with the cooler makes no sense to put hot air into the case to me. The one thing that does confuse me is the screw sizes stated on the corsair site if they are the same size as the ones that come with the cooler wouldnt you need slightly shorter as on the second fan you wont be going through a washer / case and grommet like in the corsair installation video?

Associate
I used the 2 and 2 method, adding 2 extra grub screws to the back of the case. Inside the case I just kept to the two screws with 2 small washers on each. Works out fine, nice and solid.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks m8 for that the place thats modding my new case for me sells them 6x32x1.1/4" screws as well so might grab a set and just be careful when doing it, if they are too long shall do what you suggested.

Associate
I have a H70 and yeah those screws only just reach thru the case but if they were any longer they would puncture into the radiator.

Associate
They are 2 x Xilence 120mm red wing fans, left to run at full power. I did expect it to at least drop a degree or two. :)

Out of curiosity what temps are you running?
I know that AMD traditionally ran hotter than Intel... but it's been so long since I used an AMD processor that my info might be out of date.

I'm running a Corsair H50 on my q8400 2.6ghz clocked to 3.2ghz. I only have 1 fan (a coolermaster Turbine Master high flow fan) on the rad on default speed and I get 26c Idle and 30c under load...

Associate
I can only give you my idle temps.

With my old coolermaster heatsink and fan I was getting between 43 and 47 on idle.

With my H50 set-up I get between 35c and 37c on idle.
Fitting the push and pull has dropped my MB and GPU by about 4 or 5c

Back
Top Bottom