It's only your mum. Whats the problem?

Associate
We’d arranged to go see an event in London a few weeks ago. We’d booked the Monday off work as it was going be a late one back Sunday after the event and figured a lay-in would be nice. Having already spent the weekend together I was really looking forward to it.

We finally get back to her place at 1am-ish and literally crawl into bed and pass out.

Monday morning/afternoon comes along and the intercom to the flat starts buzzing. She stick’s her head out of the window. Says “it’s my mum” and ignores it. But not before bolting the front door.

Intercom rings again. Again it gets ignored. By this point I’m thinking
“Why not just answer it?”
Just say
“Hey mum, I’ve got company, can I swing by your place in a few hours?”
Is it really that difficult? Saves you annoying mother, her getting more insistent about wanting to talk to you or making an awkward and un-comfortable situation everyone! But no.

Then there’s a knock at the door. Her mum’s let herself into the building! She knows her daughter has the day off due to seeing her car in the car-park. But she doesn’t know her daughter has company. She get’s relentless, Starts banging harder and louder. Next thing I know. Keys are entering locks on the door. Her mum has a set of keys!!! By this point I’m getting extremely nervous, but for what reason???

Not an ideal start to the day on a Monday off. I’ve literally woken up to the sound of the intercom ringing.

But it gets worse! The situation has now escalated and it’s at a point now where no matter what happens someone is going to be offended/upset/****ed off, or it’s going to be very awkward and uncomfortable for everyone.

Here’s what happened…
I get kicked me out of bed. Sent off to the spare room, my trainers that I’d left by the front door are hurriedly chucked in there. I’m ordered to grab my stuff. Necklace, phones etc. and the door is swiftly shut behind me. It hasn’t registered in my head what’s going on. I’m still asleep. This room is freezing. It’s the spare room. There’s no heating on and the window is wide open on a 6th floor flat. I’m wearing just jeans. Yes I’m shivering like you would not believe. I decide to climb into the spare bed quietly and try to keep warm.

While in bed it sinks in what’s just happened. In a matter of seconds I’ve been stripped of all my self-respect and pride. I didn’t even know what was happening until it was far too late. I’m now shut in the spare room freezing my balls off. Being wrapped in a super thick quilt isn’t helping. Void all self respect and pride. I’ve literally been stuffed in the spare room like a rabid dog.

On-top of all that. I’m lying there and can’t help thinking. I’ve been stuffed in the spare room like a dog because your mum has turned up un-announced “How much do you really think of me?”

I’ve never felt so low, angry, hurt and disrespected. It’s not a pleasant feeling. I was not happy. To make it even worse, she doesn’t even seem realise what’s wrong with stuffing someone in the spare room when you’ve just spent all weekend together, someone whom you’ve known over a year. Someone who’s already met your mum. Or is that just me that thinks it's not quite right.

Then, once mother had left I don’t even get a. “Sorry I hid you away in here.” Not even an explanation. I was in that ****ing freezing room feeling like a neglected dog for over an hour and not even an ****ing explanation.

Needless to say I grabbed the rest of my stuff and left sharpish, still shivering.

A prime example of why never to ignore anyone. A great weekend together ruined. Totally ruined.

I haven’t heard from her since. Guess I was right.

Don
Probably a religious/cultural thing where she isn't supposed to be banging dudes before marriage or something :p

This.

My gf's mum goes to church about 15 times a day, she's very uncomfortable that we share a bed in her house (we lived together for 3 years in a flat before that :p )

No hanky panky in her house, keeps the mum happy, keeps the mrs happy (that her mum is happy).

Associate
OP
cool story bro...

Seriously you need to man up.

What is the point of this thread?

Yea. I know "man up"
But seriously... I'd just woken up and didnt know what was happening. By the time I had I was still tired and was just. "Whats the point."

There was no point. But it's a better read than a lot of threads that appear on here, no?

Back
Top Bottom