Overclockers UK Forums Click here for more details
Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - CLICK HERE

Go Back   Overclockers UK Forums > Games > PC Games

Closed Thread

Old 23rd May 2012, 11:25   #10321
FlapR
Gangster

Why are people moaning lol? This is the whole point of Diablo, farming items and the complete randomness of the stats they have. Without that the game would have no replay-ability what so ever. Everyone would be done with it in a week or two.
FlapR is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:26   #10322
Salsa
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davepen View Post
Also, why are there no low level armour sets?

Seems the only sets are at 60?
There are lower lvl armour sets. My monk is currently running around wearing the helm from Aughild's Treasured set (lvl43) after the recipe dropped for a friend of mine. Pity the rest of the set is not much use to me as a Monk and I will out lvl this fairly fast.

http://www.gentlemensdiablo3.com/201...-aughilds.html

/Salsa

Intel Core i5 750 @ 3.8Ghz, Titan Fenrir
Gigabyte P55-UD2, 4Gb OCZ Platinum 1600
HIS ATi 6970 @ 950/1450, 620 Watt Corsair HX, Fractal Design R2
Salsa is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:26   #10323
Davepen
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southy_ View Post
Farming, farming, farming, this is what diablo is.

You progress as far as possible, then if you get stuck, you go back and farm the last set of quests/acts whatever was at a manageable difficulty until you gear up enough to be able to progress.
I'm fine with that, but with the auction house as it is, people just go on there and gear themselves up for about 50k.

Where's the challenge in that?

Sure, you're not forced to use the auction house, but at the moment it is BY FAR the best option.
Davepen is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:29   #10324
Southy_
Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0wther View Post
Why are people moaning lol? This is the whole point of Diablo, farming items and the complete randomness of the stats they have. Without that the game would have no replay-ability what so ever. Everyone would be done with it in a week or two.
This tbh.

The amount of people moaning about a Diablo game being a Diablo game.
On top of the people that are moaning that this Diablo game ISN'T a Diablo game.
People moaning that Inferno is as hard as Blizzard has said ALL ALONG how hard it would be.

Personally I am loving this game, I am having withdraw symptoms because I can't play again till tomorrow night!
Southy_ is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:30   #10325
Southy_
Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davepen View Post
I'm fine with that, but with the auction house as it is, people just go on there and gear themselves up for about 50k.

Where's the challenge in that?

Sure, you're not forced to use the auction house, but at the moment it is BY FAR the best option.
Totally, but I am going to get my enjoyment from this game by not using the AH, at all.

Blizzard have just given the option for people to jump ahead faster.
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:37   #10326
TommyV
Soldato

Quote:
Totally, but I am going to get my enjoyment from this game by not using the AH, at all.

Blizzard have just given the option for people to jump ahead faster.
I came to the realisation last night that I can buy a few bits on AH to help my character, seldom bought 3 rares for just under 10k, mainly for the HP boost.

Being a diablo virgin am absolutely loving the story line

Cannot wait to hit 60, am only 18 at the moment!! Damn life getting in the way
TommyV is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:39   #10327
Bleek
Soldato

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGray View Post
Good for you.

You made a sweeping statement that was bull ****.

Bleek
Bleek is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:53   #10328
King Damager
Capodecina

The thing is, everybody's moaning about the AH etc... But by end game, which probably won't take too long to get to, what you really are looking for is that ultimate item. It'll cost stupid amounts in the AH, or you can go hunting for it, or you can take a gamble on the BS...

kd

King Damager is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:53   #10329
Jano
Wise Guy

Good lord do the credits ever end! Now I have to decide what to do, carry on into Nightmare with the Monk, or start a noob... hmm...
Jano is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:56   #10330
Drunzer
Wise Guy

I've stayed clear of the AH until last night near the end of Act III, I have a Barbarian with dual wielding axes and I just didn't feel like they were doing the job anymore it was taking me ages to kill enemies. I was hoping some good weapons would drop off a few of those packs but no luck so I went to the AH and grabbed myself 2 new weapons for 6k. I felt a little dirty after doing it I won't lie but I think if you've been unlucky with your drops in the game there's nothing wrong with using the AH to help yourself out a bit.

PSN/XBL - Drunzer
Drunzer is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:59   #10331
Alpherah
Sgarrista

Okay so after struggling with the end of Hell (doable .. but hard), i discovered the joys of life stealing % on weapon.
Currently stealing 2.9% of damage, which with my bears spamming (yawn) build is 13-19k a hit in terms of damage, has made the rest of hell a complete doodle.
Alpherah is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:02   #10332
Holliday
Hitman

Really struggling to find anywhere that has stock of this at the moment, my mate gave me his friends pass but it means we can't play together.

Was hoping to trade in BF3 and Skyrim and get it for 99p at GAME but they haven't had stock for days, what's the betting they receive it after Friday when the promotion ends.
Holliday is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:05   #10333
Robi
Wise Guy

I think I'm going to stop using the AH for buying and only use it for selling. I'm 32 but completely overhauled my gear with cheap but decent purchases!

Still, I'm absolutely loving the game and can't wait for PvP
Robi is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:13   #10334
bmi92
Hitman

I love this game! However it can get a bit boring playing on your own, or in public group with non-english speaking people. I'm a level 22 Barbarian mid-way through act II if anyone would like to join
Last edited by bmi92; 23rd May 2012 at 15:05.
bmi92 is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:15   #10335
Swarfega
Wise Guy

Rather than posting your email your better posting your BattleTag ID.
Swarfega is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:20   #10336
DJammyRasta
Mobster

My reason for using the auction house is as people have said it speeds things up a bit... i do not play as often as my friends.. we completed normal together but i then had a few days off and by the time i returned they were half way through act 2 on nightmare.

I jumped in with their game and basically got 1 hitted by every single mob.. So i went on the auction house and bought myself some vitality gems.. I have basically tripled my health and can now hold my own even though my gear is still the same
DJammyRasta is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:38   #10337
Saviola
Hitman

I had first last night, first death (lagged out I tell you ) and using the AH. You can get some uber bargains with the right search parameters.

Not really got into the game yet, just done ACT1 was away on hols till Monday. All in all though things are looking good.
Saviola is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:40   #10338
Noble-Kebab
Wise Guy

buying on the AH is surely no different to what trading was in d2? You find a rare that you don't need, sell it, reinvest that money in buying an item you need.

Noble-Kebab is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:42   #10339
HeX
Capodecina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamikebab View Post
Exactly, you've done normal. The higher levels are impossible without the AH unless you are the 1 in a billion who gets exactly the drops they need. The game is that hard. The fact you said 'sail through the game' shows how little you know, even the builds that have now been nerfed couldn't sail through it.
Ah yes, I know nothing of Diablo I never played D1 or D2 to death... o wait... yes I did.

The higher levels aren't impossible, you just have to go back and farm for the gear you need. Which is what most people did in D2 if they wanted to progress. You however bought your way ahead of the curve by buying top end hand picked gear instead.

That's not how I have ever played Diablo, nor do I want to start now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGray View Post
You simply won't be able to progress beyond normal without buying some better gear.
Haha, if you say so.

-----

End of the day if you want to use the AH that's up to you, I was just stating my feelings on the matter. Personally, I don't like it, and I think it ruins the fun of relying on drops and 'making do with what you have'. That's just how i've always played, and what I personally think Diablo is all about, finding the shiny shiny!

Last edited by HeX; 23rd May 2012 at 12:45.
HeX is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:45   #10340
Drake5
Capodecina

Why are people so against buying items from the AH? Worried it'll ruin the game or something?
Drake5 is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:48   #10341
citizenx13
Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunzer View Post
I've stayed clear of the AH until last night near the end of Act III, I have a Barbarian with dual wielding axes and I just didn't feel like they were doing the job anymore it was taking me ages to kill enemies. I was hoping some good weapons would drop off a few of those packs but no luck so I went to the AH and grabbed myself 2 new weapons for 6k. I felt a little dirty after doing it I won't lie but I think if you've been unlucky with your drops in the game there's nothing wrong with using the AH to help yourself out a bit.
+1
citizenx13 is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:52   #10342
Redman
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_D View Post
Why are people so against buying items from the AH? Worried it'll ruin the game or something?
As with HeX, the point of Diablo to me is finding the gear. If the point to others is just getting the gear then fine, but I wont be using the AH until way way down the line if ever.

Without something to aim for, better gear with better stats, then there would be no point in my eyes. Doesn't bother me what others do at all mind.
Redman is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:53   #10343
antran
Wise Guy

I got no problem with the AH, found some awesome gears for less then 10k each.

Pricing in the AH is ridicules, 10k for the same gear but another want to charge 1m-3m for it.

This is the Land of the Rising Sun!
Your desecration shall not be allowed, Hear me!
I am the god Yato, I now lay thee waste with the Sekki,
and expel thy vast defilement! I cleanse thee!
antran is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:55   #10344
ColEx
Wise Guy

I don't see how the AH ruins the game, you still have to use you're own gold, its no different than buying items that randomly generate at the vendors. Gold = Time spent in game farming/progressing.
ColEx is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:56   #10345
schumi84
Mobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_D View Post
I don't think it is necessarily people being against buying from the AH, it is more to do with how some people like to play the game. I, personally, like to find things for myself and if I'm not up to scratch then will try and find the items that will bring me up to the standard I need, as opposed to doing a quick search on the AH.

I think it is also to do with the sweeping statements claiming that you can't do anything more than Normal without going to the AH. I would like to think, much like D2, that I will be playing this for a good few years and as such will be able to pick up the decent items and make some decent builds that will make Inferno doable.

I see the game as a long term thing and seeing as it has only been out for just over a week, people are being a bit short-sighted and impatient with their want to complete the game as quickly as possible.

Just my 2p
schumi84 is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:59   #10346
Shamikebab
Caporegime

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeX View Post
Ah yes, I know nothing of Diablo I never played D1 or D2 to death... o wait... yes I did.

The higher levels aren't impossible, you just have to go back and farm for the gear you need. Which is what most people did in D2 if they wanted to progress. You however bought your way ahead of the curve by buying top end hand picked gear instead.
Please come back when you have played beyond normal. Seriously D3 is as like D2 as Halo is like ARMA. I never said you didn't know about Diablo, I said you didn't know about Diablo 3. You're talking about something from theory and assuming it's the same as previous games.

Shamikebab is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 13:00   #10347
Southy_
Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumi84 View Post
I don't think it is necessarily people being against buying from the AH, it is more to do with how some people like to play the game. I, personally, like to find things for myself and if I'm not up to scratch then will try and find the items that will bring me up to the standard I need, as opposed to doing a quick search on the AH.

I think it is also to do with the sweeping statements claiming that you can't do anything more than Normal without going to the AH. I would like to think, much like D2, that I will be playing this for a good few years and as such will be able to pick up the decent items and make some decent builds that will make Inferno doable.

I see the game as a long term thing and seeing as it has only been out for just over a week, people are being a bit short-sighted and impatient with their want to complete the game as quickly as possible.

Just my 2p
+1

People complaining that the harder difficulties are "not doable without AH" is just plain wrong. Farming people! Farming!
Old 23rd May 2012, 13:03   #10348
ColEx
Wise Guy

Quote:
+1

People complaining that the harder difficulties are "not doable without AH" is just plain wrong. Farming people! Farming!
Some people like to use their gold though, which takes them time to build up. Almost like farming for that perfect item.
ColEx is offline   View trust for
Old 23rd May 2012, 13:05   #10349
Southy_
Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColEx View Post
Some people like to use there gold though, which takes them time to build up. Almost like farming for that perfect item.
I am not saying that is the "wrong" way of playing.

I am not judging people for not wanting to farm for hours and hours just so they can do the next quest. (not everyone has that patience)

I am just saying that you CAN play without the AH, you don't have to use it when you get stuck.
Old 23rd May 2012, 13:09   #10350
Drake5
Capodecina

Makes sense, I have a totally different style of play though. I like to farm lots of gold with the sole aim of buying the best gear I can get my hands on.

I'm pretty driven by cash.
Drake5 is offline   View trust for
Closed Thread