Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - CLICK HERE

Go Back   Overclockers UK Forums > Games > PC Games

Closed Thread

Old 9th Jun 2012, 14:07   #13621
Disjunto
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARC View Post
Don't see why you would be struggling on act 1 with that build. I'm using pretty much the same, but with crippling wave as my spirit generator, resolve instead of one with everything and hosting strike instead of blinding flash. But that's really only play style differences & bad gear making one with everything useless for me

PSN: bpgaming | MS: disjunt | BC2: Ellusionist | Steam: Disjunto
Disjunto is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 14:13   #13622
Aedus
Sgarrista

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARC View Post
Try this:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...gYh!XYU!ZZbaYa

I've tanked up to act 3 inferno with it so far.

Please read the FAQ regarding signature sizes
Aedus is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 14:23   #13623
Drake5
Capodecina

I see no fun in this game at the moment. My DH is in Inferno 3/4 the way through Act 2.

Dying constantly. Just seems like terrible design for Inferno, incredibly frustrating.

My gear is decent, mobs coming out of no where and 1 shotting me are the issue at hand.
Drake5 is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 14:31   #13624
Evilsod
Capodecina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_D View Post
I see no fun in this game at the moment. My DH is in Inferno 3/4 the way through Act 2.

Dying constantly. Just seems like terrible design for Inferno, incredibly frustrating.

My gear is decent, mobs coming out of no where and 1 shotting me are the issue at hand.
Act II is just lame thats the trouble.

That ridiculous Smoke Screen type skill the Serpents have is so irritating. They go invisible for ages, completely unhittable and don't even trigger floor based traps then appear next to you and hit you before you can even react. Its even better when you don't see them go invisible first off so you aren't even aware they're closing in.
Other than the serpents there aren't too many problems (once you're through the waterways since there is no space to kite elites/champs). The only other area that gave me trouble was the shadow realm because of those damn ghosts. I came across 1 Champ pack and 1 Elite pack of them while I was inside, took me almost 10 deaths to finally get them out of the way and even then I came across a minion so had to leg it to the end before the elite caught up to me and instagibbed me with that undodgeable siphon attack.

I actually enjoyed some of the enemies like the lacuni and wasps. Aside from the odd time when the lacuni would suddenly leap at me from off the bottom of the screen and suddenly be on top of me it was great fun having to run around mobs in a direction other than backwards.

Last.fm, Steam
PSN: Evil_sod
Evilsod is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 14:41   #13625
Drake5
Capodecina

I'm in Vault of the assassin trying to get Kulle's blood. It's impossible!
Old 9th Jun 2012, 14:43   #13626
Omaeka
Sgarrista

Are no Monk's out there using the roundhouse kick with the Ytaar rune? Its very useful in Inferno.

Omaeka is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 14:46   #13627
Evilsod
Capodecina

Quote:
I'm in Vault of the assassin trying to get Kulle's blood. It's impossible!
What you getting killed by? I think I might have had 1 really nasty elite in there that I had to leave in a corner and die.

If all else fails, you don't mind losing NV and you think you're near the end, switch to Smoke Screen, Vault, Prep, Perfectionist, Tactical Advantage and the 'move speed on full hatred' passive and just run past everything.

Last.fm, Steam
Old 9th Jun 2012, 14:50   #13628
Drake5
Capodecina

30 second res time. Oh yeah I love this.

Just everything... I got the first lot of blood, now I'm outside in the sands, no room to kite at all because the map is unexplored. Just get jumped on by everything and anything
Old 9th Jun 2012, 14:52   #13629
SPARC
Mobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedus View Post
Try this:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...gYh!XYU!ZZbaYa

I've tanked up to act 3 inferno with it so far.
I've tried a similar build with those spirit generators, i'll try yours and see what happens, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaeka View Post
Are no Monk's out there using the roundhouse kick with the Ytaar rune? Its very useful in Inferno.
run away, click, run away, click, run away, click .... tried it and almost fell asleep from sheer boredom.

SPARC is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 14:53   #13630
Drake5
Capodecina

Mortar can get ****** aswell. Seriously who is in charge of mob design? They need firing out of a ******* cannon!
Old 9th Jun 2012, 14:53   #13631
KNiVES
Capodecina

Quote:

You should check out the 1.0.3 patch notes, they are balancing Inferno as well as the item drop rates across the board.

KNiVES is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 14:55   #13632
Drake5
Capodecina

I need to stop playing until them. I'm surprised I haven't broke something yet.
Old 9th Jun 2012, 14:57   #13633
Astaeri
Gangster

Quote:
Mortar can get ****** aswell. Seriously who is in charge of mob design? They need firing out of a ******* cannon!
lmao, the only reason you should be dying to mortar is if they also have jailer and sometimes waller depending on what part of the map you're on.
Astaeri is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 14:57   #13634
Omaeka
Sgarrista

Quote:
Have you seen Lava/Plague/Desecrator with Vampiric? Or even Mortar/Arcane w/ Vampiric?

Whoever is in charge of mob design should have that cannon aimed point blank at a brick wall.

Omaeka is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 15:00   #13635
powlesY
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaeka View Post
Have you seen Lava/Plague/Desecrator with Vampiric? Or even Mortar/Arcane w/ Vampiric?

Whoever is in charge of mob design should have that cannon aimed point blank at a brick wall.
Or into an hostile MMA ring where they have similar buffs to in-game counterparts lol.
powlesY is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 15:02   #13636
Evilsod
Capodecina

Quote:
30 second res time. Oh yeah I love this.

Just everything... I got the first lot of blood, now I'm outside in the sands, no room to kite at all because the map is unexplored. Just get jumped on by everything and anything
If you're constantly dying to regular mobs in a wide open area then the problem isn't the difficulty.

Either you aren't paying enough attention (baring the odd stupid serpent that you don't even see go invisible) and you keep getting killed because of your own mistakes or your dps really isn't up to scratch. The Fallen Master/Overlords/whatevertheycallthemselves have quite a chunk of hp, the Serpents aren't too bad and the Dune Dervish are pretty slow and everything else has quite low hp.

Last.fm, Steam
Old 9th Jun 2012, 15:08   #13637
Scythian
Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewaf View Post
Decided to build to whimmyshire staff, got all the pieces first time accept the recipe of izual, took a couple of tries.

It's pretty funny in there! Cant afford to upgrade it to inferno yet, is it worth doing so? Can you get good loot in there?
I remember reading that loot from any act can drop in there, but I can't remember about the chances itself of loot dropping, didn't get much when I went there myself. Then again I didnt use magic find.
Scythian is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 15:40   #13638
Calabi
Wise Guy

They've messed up the loot drops totally. In the first area of Diablo 2 I had set items and legendary items show up(even though they werent that great). Here 90 percent of the time the items are useless. And why even have the white items if there not even worth any money, their just wasting processor cycles.

They really dont want you to play because of item drops, but then that was the whole point of Diablo 2.
Calabi is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 15:50   #13639
ColEx
Wise Guy

If good loot dropped alot then there would be to many of them, and then the good loot wouldn't be worth any money because the AH would be over saturated with them. Blizzard made it like this so they can make money off the real money AH, and yes it is a **** design, but how would the real money AH work if it wasn't like this?
Last edited by ColEx; 9th Jun 2012 at 15:54.
ColEx is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 15:56   #13640
starmanwarz
Wise Guy

I tried act 2 today for the first time.I will not do that again,it is a joke.And I also spent 1 million for gear,,upped my resistances to ~500,dps to 15k and 25k hp and elites where destroying me.

Need a new wep for my monk,my current one is at 570 dps only,but has 170 dex and 17 attack speed which is nice.I would like life on hit but they are really expensive.Got around 2.5 mil to spend,how much you think I should give for a decent wep?

4770k@4.6|EVGA 780 Classified|Gigabyte UD4H|Noctua D14|Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB|X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro|Seasonic G-650|CM Storm QF TK|Zowie FK1
starmanwarz is online now   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 16:33   #13641
Goates
Hitman

Farming on my Barb is so painful. Even with all my defensive stats I still spend half my time kiting. I think atfer the update it will be much more viable for me to farm act 1 as i can just faceroll my way through. Atm I'm farming the spiderlady and azmodan and each rare pack takes so much concentration.

Steam: Goates Origin/Battlelog: Goates GFWL: Goates100
Goates is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 16:42   #13642
Calabi
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColEx View Post
If good loot dropped alot then there would be to many of them, and then the good loot wouldn't be worth any money because the AH would be over saturated with them. Blizzard made it like this so they can make money off the real money AH, and yes it is a **** design, but how would the real money AH work if it wasn't like this?
The thing is though the good loot dropping is way too low. If they wanted to make it some great gambling game they have to give the perception that your winning some of the time. With Diabo 2 you got set and legendary items more often, even if those items werent that great. Set items compel you to play more to complete that set.

If I was going to make this a gambling game I'd have all kinds of rules to keep players playing. Make it drop low level set items and decent items every so often at certain frequencies depending on how long they've played. You dont reduce the drop rates so that they are forced to trade, you have lots of items so that people want to trade. Make the game compelling to play with whatever drop rate, then make loads of items so someone cant possibly get them all on their own.

I dont know, it seems like the AH is even at odds with the game. You play to gamble with item drops, and buy from the AH so that you can play to gamble with item drops?

I'm not sure whether to wait till the patch 1.03 comes out with the better drop rates(although they arent much better), or keep playing because the RMAH is probably going to ruin the game anyway.
Calabi is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 16:47   #13643
StevieP
Soldato

Can someone explain to me how important the resistances are in this game? I've got the passive skill that grants the highest resistance across the board and I've been concentrating on getting my physical resistance up so I'm on around 200 with my existing kit!

How high can you go and how effective is it in relation to my armour rating for example?

Thanks.....

| CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 3.3GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo |
| Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD65 | GPU: KFA2 GTX970 OC |
| PSU: OCZ 600W ModXStream Pro | SSD: 256GB Samsung 830 |
| RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 | Monitor: BenQ GW2765HT |
StevieP is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 16:52   #13644
OminousLatinNoun
Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieP View Post
Can someone explain to me how important the resistances are in this game? I've got the passive skill that grants the highest resistance across the board and I've been concentrating on getting my physical resistance up so I'm on around 200 with my existing kit!

How high can you go and how effective is it in relation to my armour rating for example?

Thanks.....
1 resist for every 10 armor is a decent rule of thumb, just try and keep the % reductions fairly even.

O
OminousLatinNoun is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 17:08   #13645
StevieP
Soldato

Quote:
Originally Posted by OminousLatinNoun View Post
1 resist for every 10 armor is a decent rule of thumb, just try and keep the % reductions fairly even.
Here is my L52 Monk at the moment then - what should I concentrate on to improve things?

I've been concentrating on increasing my physical resistance (which in turn is increasing all of my resistances) but not sure how much is "enough"?

I seem to get owned when I come up against those 3 beasties with the glowing blue chains! (Hell act 1)

Last edited by StevieP; 9th Jun 2012 at 17:11.
Old 9th Jun 2012, 17:24   #13646
powlesY
Wise Guy

This is so annoying trying to find something to spend 500k on for Inferno when i haven't got an idea of whats properly good or not (Wizard).

I just seen a ~860 2-handed sword with 150+ to all of the primary skills and 22% IAS for 160k. I didn't buy it though because it was one of the first things i looked at.
powlesY is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 17:36   #13647
nin9abadga
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabi View Post
The thing is though the good loot dropping is way too low. If they wanted to make it some great gambling game they have to give the perception that your winning some of the time. With Diabo 2 you got set and legendary items more often, even if those items werent that great. Set items compel you to play more to complete that set.

If I was going to make this a gambling game I'd have all kinds of rules to keep players playing. Make it drop low level set items and decent items every so often at certain frequencies depending on how long they've played. You dont reduce the drop rates so that they are forced to trade, you have lots of items so that people want to trade. Make the game compelling to play with whatever drop rate, then make loads of items so someone cant possibly get them all on their own.

I dont know, it seems like the AH is even at odds with the game. You play to gamble with item drops, and buy from the AH so that you can play to gamble with item drops?

I'm not sure whether to wait till the patch 1.03 comes out with the better drop rates(although they arent much better), or keep playing because the RMAH is probably going to ruin the game anyway.
i absolutely totally agree. the ah is not a good enough reason to keep playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieP View Post
Here is my L52 Monk at the moment then - what should I concentrate on to improve things?

<snip image>

I've been concentrating on increasing my physical resistance (which in turn is increasing all of my resistances) but not sure how much is "enough"?

I seem to get owned when I come up against those 3 beasties with the glowing blue chains! (Hell act 1)
mate you are way better geared than me and I'm around the same stage, you shouldn't be having too many problems? unhelpful mob types can own the best geared so don't worry too much (desecrator/jailor/meteor etc). those chain guys are a pain, try and separate them - i find the roundhouse kick skill (can't remember the name) that knocks them back miles saves me. but you need room to fight and kite.

Booo, imageshack removed my sig
nin9abadga is offline   View trust for
Old 9th Jun 2012, 17:37   #13648
Drake5
Capodecina

I really want to be able to play this but I just cant stand dying over and over aghhhhh
Old 9th Jun 2012, 17:48   #13649
StevieP
Soldato

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin9abadga View Post
mate you are way better geared than me and I'm around the same stage, you shouldn't be having too many problems? unhelpful mob types can own the best geared so don't worry too much (desecrator/jailor/meteor etc). those chain guys are a pain, try and separate them - i find the roundhouse kick skill (can't remember the name) that knocks them back miles saves me. but you need room to fight and kite.
I'm not struggling too much I guess, just wanted to understand what helps give you "survivability" as at first I was dual-wielding but found myself dying extremely quickly in some instances!

Switched to a shield and it seems to have helped a bit!

Old 9th Jun 2012, 18:04   #13650
StriderX
Sgarrista

I am officially over this game, Actitard has certainly wrecked Blizzards crystal clean name.
StriderX is offline   View trust for
Closed Thread