Akasa Freedom Xone - Great Budget case (pics inside)

Soldato
So after reading a lot of 'spec me a budget case' thread lately I though I would put my 2 cents in.

This is a build I did for a friend a couple of months ago and I thought I get some pics up so people can see what I think is just about the best sub £50 OcUK stock.

The Case itself
1a.jpg

Top panel
3a.jpg

Power button. Has a white LED ring around it and looks great.
2a.jpg

Rear of case
7a.jpg

A few internals now
4a.jpg

5a.jpg

6a.jpg

A noticed a few reveiws of this case stating that the cooling performance was poor. I've found the total opposite.

There's a Q6600 at 3.4 in there and it never hits 55c under load. One thing I must say though is that I had to remove the 140mm fan to fit the cooler in but it was no biggy really.

Cable management is a doddle and space is ample at this price point. Looks great as well imo.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't like the front an awful lot, but the black internals look great and are unprecedented at this price range! Akasa do some great budget cases - I've bought 3 Akasa Zen since they were released. No internal paint, but great design and plenty for your money. I'm actually selling two of them in the members market at the moment should anyone fancy one.

Clean, tidy build too, well done.

Associate
Thats actually a pretty nice looking case all apart from the grill effect on the front 120mm fan. If it was just plain mesh I reckon it would sell a lot better.

Soldato
OP
Again cheers guys. I'll also add that the front 140mm fan is very very quiet.

Had to go and sort my brothers PC out last night and he has an Antec 300, cant emphasize how much better this case is compared to that.

The difference is night and day internally, but I guess externally its all down to each person view on what look good.

I know which one I'd rather have for about the same money.

Associate
That does look rather good especially for 40 quid.

And i would be inclined to go for that rather than the Antec 300.

Also same as above nice pictures.

Associate
Expecting delivery of one of these today for a cheap build for a friend. Toss up between this case and the Antec 300 seeing those photos makes me feel I have made the right choice.

Soldato
Expecting delivery of one of these today for a cheap build for a friend. Toss up between this case and the Antec 300 seeing those photos makes me feel I have made the right choice.

Exactly the same scenario for me - how strange, but I have in the end gone for this over the Antec 300. Think I have made the right choice.

Mark

Soldato
OP

Exactly the same scenario for me - how strange, but I have in the end gone for this over the Antec 300. Think I have made the right choice.

Mark

Good choice guys, I'm sure you wont regret it.

Back
Top Bottom