Overclockers UK Forums Click here for more details
Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - CLICK HERE

Go Back   Overclockers UK Forums > Life > Motors

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 30th Mar 2010, 19:45   #1
FluffySheep
Hitman
 
FluffySheep's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: North Wales
Posts: 508
Ambulance Chasers!

About 2 years ago I was in a my fault accident where I hit a minibus (light hit, just metal damage and no injuries on the bus before calls of moron!). This morning I had a call from CCS solicitors asking if myself or my passenger wanted to make a claim, as my details had been passed onto them from my insurance company as I was not at fault (read opening line again for first [COLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR] up). They said they could get between 3k and 5k for 'aches and pains' following the accident.

WTF? My insurance company phones a solicitors and says 'take us for another 10k or so by adding injury claims to the case'? Why do I doubt this? Second [COLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR] up! Where do the claims solicitors get off and go back to the pit they came from?

No wonder insurance premiums are going through the roof with antics like this going on. What can be done (at an industry level) to stop these muppets?

/rant over

Fluffy

FluffySheep is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2010, 20:07   #2
PardonTheWait
Capodecina
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 23,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
About 2 years ago I was in a my fault accident where I hit a minibus (light hit, just metal damage and no injuries on the bus before calls of moron!). This morning I had a call from CCS solicitors asking if myself or my passenger wanted to make a claim, as my details had been passed onto them from my insurance company as I was not at fault (read opening line again for first [COLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR] up). They said they could get between 3k and 5k for 'aches and pains' following the accident.

WTF? My insurance company phones a solicitors and says 'take us for another 10k or so by adding injury claims to the case'? Why do I doubt this? Second [COLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]*[/COLOR] up! Where do the claims solicitors get off and go back to the pit they came from?

No wonder insurance premiums are going through the roof with antics like this going on. What can be done (at an industry level) to stop these muppets?

/rant over

Fluffy
in any personal injury case, results should be either win or death

That'd soon get that gripped


That's the way'a the world! The way it's always gonna be!
PardonTheWait is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2010, 20:10   #3
Beerbaron
Soldato
 
Beerbaron's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Herts
Posts: 5,349
From the title i thought it was a thread on people that follow ambulances to get through traffic quicker.


"Next to God, there is no greater protector than I."
Beerbaron is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2010, 20:11   #4
FluffySheep
Hitman
 
FluffySheep's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: North Wales
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheWait View Post
in any personal injury case, results should be either win or death

That'd soon get that gripped
Problem solved!
Fancy a job as PM? Job might become vacant soon

FluffySheep is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2010, 20:19   #5
fini
Sgarrista
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: London
Posts: 7,573
Why is a PI solicitor, in your opinion, any better or worse than one specialising in wills or in crime?

Do you think that if someone has suffered an injury that has negatively impacted their life, and that injury is the fault of the negligence of someone else, that it is unfair that the injured person should ask to be put back in to the situation they would have been if not for the other's stupidity?


quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur
fini is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2010, 20:23   #6
Richiev4
Hitman
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Swindon
Posts: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerbaron View Post
From the title i thought it was a thread on people that follow ambulances to get through traffic quicker.
Me Too

How long is too long?
Richiev4 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2010, 20:25   #7
jaybee
Mobster
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonTheWait View Post
in any personal injury case, results should be either win or death

That'd soon get that gripped
No win no life?
jaybee is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2010, 20:27   #8
lordrobs
Capodecina
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Mulbarton, Norwich
Posts: 13,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by fini View Post
Why is a PI solicitor, in your opinion, any better or worse than one specialising in wills or in crime?

Do you think that if someone has suffered an injury that has negatively impacted their life, and that injury is the fault of the negligence of someone else, that it is unfair that the injured person should ask to be put back in to the situation they would have been if not for the other's stupidity?
Exactly, the problem is caused by the scags that abuse the system. Those same scags who milk the dole for years on end or are permanently off "sick".

That said many companies out there specifically target this market as can be seen by the adverts themselves and the times that they are aired.

lordrobs is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2010, 20:30   #9
FluffySheep
Hitman
 
FluffySheep's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: North Wales
Posts: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by fini View Post
Why is a PI solicitor, in your opinion, any better or worse than one specialising in wills or in crime?

Do you think that if someone has suffered an injury that has negatively impacted their life, and that injury is the fault of the negligence of someone else, that it is unfair that the injured person should ask to be put back in to the situation they would have been if not for the other's stupidity?
Don't know about you but I have yet to meet/hear about a solicitor in the area of wills who cold calls possible customers with bad information (read OP) and when they do get business hike charges so high their fees are often x2 of the job they did.

'Here is your will for your 150k estate. Give me $25k for my time and effort'. Even that would be laughed at, but instead they are even worse.

Fluffy

FluffySheep is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2010, 20:31   #10
InvaderGIR
Capodecina
 
InvaderGIR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Bristol
Posts: 16,636
I love it when I get these phone calls. They go on about how they can get me money etc. then confirm details...I point out I was at fault so would rather not be claiming off my previous insurance policy and they normally mutter something like 'oh...ok...nevermind' and hang up on me.

InvaderGIR is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2010, 20:41   #11
Lethal`
Mobster
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiev4 View Post
Me Too
Me three
Lethal` is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2010, 20:43   #12
DannyDan
Mobster
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Wirral, UK
Posts: 2,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal` View Post
Me three
+1
DannyDan is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2010, 21:43   #13
WhiteCobra
Gangster
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 250
If you were in an accident that did make you suffer then i presume you'd look for a PI solicitor your self... I find these cold callers are after people who really didn't suffer at all but fill their heads full of the money they could get out of the system just to earn some coin for them self...
WhiteCobra is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2010, 22:14   #14
The_Abyss
Soldato
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Ipswich
Posts: 6,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderGIR View Post
I love it when I get these phone calls. They go on about how they can get me money etc. then confirm details...I point out I was at fault so would rather not be claiming off my previous insurance policy and they normally mutter something like 'oh...ok...nevermind' and hang up on me.
You're speaking to one of the biggest sharks around, and you're willing to confirm not only that you've had an accident but that you were to blame for it??!!!

I wonder who he'll be trying to call next....
The_Abyss is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2010, 22:30   #15
Skillmister
Capodecina
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Wales
Posts: 16,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerbaron View Post
From the title i thought it was a thread on people that follow ambulances to get through traffic quicker.
This, was about to say i saw some 17 year old in an ancient saxo bombing it behind a blue lighting fire engine the other day. Bloody idiot.

RIP: i5 3570k-Z77-D3H-16GB DDR3-7850 Twin Frozr III
Skillmister is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2010, 23:32   #16
Lethal`
Mobster
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillmister View Post
This, was about to say i saw some 17 year old in an ancient saxo bombing it behind a blue lighting fire engine the other day. Bloody idiot.
A transit almost ran me over before. I was crossing at a rather wide junction with an island (with keep left side on it) in the middle and an ambulance on blues and twos flew through and turned right. I was just abouts to cross when this transit flew out behind it, as he obviously decided that he shouldn't have to wait in a queue like everybody else...
Lethal` is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:17.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Overclockers UK (Ocuk Ltd)