Bangernomics

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
It would be ridiculous to judge someone by the motor they currently drive without taking into consideration the motors they may have previously owned/borrowed/hired, I don't think many on here are that foolish. ;)

Caporegime
Nope, bangeramic over here :D

Not sure if that saying is good though....

Although my sister is now the best out of the family, she just bought a Maestro off eBay for £107, its IMMACULATE, everything works. Best car I've seen for such a cheap price tbh. Well that or a Metro Dad sold for £30 many years ago which was also a mint car, when the mot was £35, quite funny :p

Soldato
Banger cars are very polluting.

I'm a green snob.

Very poor safety ratings for occupants too.

I'm a safety snob.

All bangers should be crushed and the pieces hung in a public place as a warning to all.

Soldato
Er, no.

How do you think the banger car came into existence in the first place?

It used considerably more energy and resources in production, and produced more waste, compared to a modern day car that utilises much more efficient manufacturing processes and production lines.

And it continues to produce significantly more pollutants whilst its still on the road.

Permabanned
It's not really an art is it.

Assuming you have a basic knowledge of cars in general find something that is cheap and make sure the essentials work and you can bomb around for a year.

Soldato
It used considerably more energy and resources in production, and produced more waste, compared to a modern day car that utilises much more efficient manufacturing processes and production lines.

That's the point - the car is already here. Continuing to drive it is better for the environment than cubing it and having another one produced for you. Cars have to be driven a pretty long way to 'pay for themselves' environmentally.

Associate
Er, no.

How do you think the banger car came into existence in the first place?

And it continues to produce significantly more pollutants whilst its still on the road.

Not necessarily, my old MK2 Mondeo 2 litre petrol had virtually zero emmissions in it's last MOT against my dads old 2004 Vectra 2 litre petrol which produced more CO, CO2 and HC's than mines (although was still passable)

As long as the engine etc is properly maintained then it should still produce a low amount of pollutants regardless of age.

Soldato
I buy a car from new and run it into the ground.

Is my current car (a P-reg megane coupe) a banger?

However, it is about to be replaced with a nice shiny new megane. It will be serviced and MOTd and then donated to a worthy cause (usually a younger relative). With the plan being to run this car for 14 years, probably longer.

:)

Soldato
Ive been driving a fairly crap (but hugely reliable) ST24 for the last couple of years, although I do have an MR2 too.
I love driving the Mondeo and not caring if it gets scratched or where its parked etc.

Soldato
I buy a car from new and run it into the ground.

Is my current car (a P-reg megane coupe) a banger?

However, it is about to be replaced with a nice shiny new megane. It will be serviced and MOTd and then donated to a worthy cause (usually a younger relative). With the plan being to run this car for 14 years, probably longer.

You've had a megane for 13 years and now you want another megane for the next 13 years?

I bet the fun never stops in your life :o

Soldato
You've had a megane for 13 years and now you want another megane for the next 13 years?

I bet the fun never stops in your life :o

Depends if it's a remapped/tuned 2.0 16v coupé, or a bog-standard one I guess.

And it also depends if the new one is a 1.4 family special or the new 250 Cup.

Man of Honour
Nope, bangeramic over here :D

Not sure if that saying is good though....

Although my sister is now the best out of the family, she just bought a Maestro off eBay for £107, its IMMACULATE, everything works. Best car I've seen for such a cheap price tbh. Well that or a Metro Dad sold for £30 many years ago which was also a mint car, when the mot was £35, quite funny :p

I suspect you have a rather warped view of the term immaculate because a £107 Meastro will be anything but.

Back
Top Bottom