Mount & Blade

Soldato
Anyone played this series? The expansion Warband was released on Steam recently sounds like it has potential but a lot of games sound good on paper but play like cack ingame.

Soldato
excellent game with loads of mods for new factions/weapons/armor/heroes etc etc. It's worth the 8 quid you can buy it for. There's a mod for just about anything in that game, you can turn the map and factions into ancient rome, or historical britain or anything else and there is seriously an endless amount of scenarios to have fun with.

Associate
I bought the first on when it was 4 quid on steam a few months back. I installed it and played it for a few hours then uninstalled it and gave it to my brother in law, not because it was bad, on the contrary, it would have mugged me for all my spare time. My brother in law is now growing a beard and I caught him looking at winged maces on Ebay.

Associate
I bought the first on when it was 4 quid on steam a few months back. I installed it and played it for a few hours then uninstalled it and gave it to my brother in law, not because it was bad, on the contrary, it would have mugged me for all my spare time. My brother in law is now growing a beard and I caught him looking at winged maces on Ebay.

I pretty much did the same thing, great little game, but very addictive and time consuming!

Associate
It's an amazing game, in a genre of its own. Nothing beats the feeling of riding around on an armoured horse, smacking people in the face with a big hammer at full gallop. My favourite is my steppe horse archer character though.

I have been following it since beta and just bought Warband....not tried the MP though as I don't want to play against the inevitable immature kiddies MP brings as it would probably ruin my experience.

Soldato
ty guys for making me fail uni. I just been checking this game out, it looks horrible graphics wize but damn im raring to go haha :p.

Any good mods i should get?

Im feeling mounted archer all teh way, but feel it may be very weak early in the game no?

Associate
Would be very interested to hear what the mp is like. I used to play M&B a while back and decent multiplayer would get me back into it.

Associate
The game is amazing mate, best since like... hl2 or STALKER or something if you ask me.

I've been waiting for Warband but I don't think my pre-orders going to show up. May have to buy a copy for 'the girlfirend' from the taleworlds store.

Beers and Munt and Blad cannot be beaten :)

Associate
Any screenshots? Played a demo a few years ago - found it totally unique and quite fun, but at the time was after something to show off my then new gfx card.

Associate
I first started this game shortly after reading the Gengis Khan trilogy books (Lord of the Bow, or something like that). This game is VERY addictive, don't let the graphics put you off.
I enjoyed using an axe and chopping people from a horse. The game allows you to build a small army and give them simple orders. Using some of Gengis' tactics work well in this game - ride up, fire a volley of arrows then retreat over a hill......... leading the enemy to a well place group of pikemen, archers and other infantrymen.

Soldato
Damn it, this game has ruined my sleep pattern - good job I have a week off!

I've got my first village now, and am working on slipping one of the ladies of one of my enemies ye olde porke sausage. I have to keep sneaking in to see her :p

I'm still struggling to get the timing right in doing "drive bys" but I do only have a sword, maybe I should try a different weapon? If I have a polearm and sword in my inventory, can I switch between them quickly or do I have to keep faffing about in the inventory screen?

I tend to like dismounting in battles if most or all of the enemy mounted cavalry are gone, overhead chops from behind = win :)

Back
Top Bottom