South Park Warned for Depicting Muhammad

Soldato
Good on ya Matt and Trey.

Hear hear!

One thing that South Park has proved over the years is that no famous figure is safe from ridicule.

It's not as though Jesus doesn't appear in half the episodes, you don't get a load of Christians throughout the world complaining do you?

Hell, in the episode I watched last night Satan talks to God, which is some mamillian thing with a tail. It just doesn't make sense! (Sorry to use the Wookie Defense).

All in all, stfu Islam; if you can't handle a joke then don't watch South Park :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
*awaits revolution Islam members being insulted on South park*

Perhaps they missed the drug snorting Buddha or the constant ripping on Jesus?

Soldato
*awaits revolution Islam members being insulted on South park*

Perhaps they missed the drug snorting Buddha or the constant ripping on Jesus?

I daresay they didn't even watch it. I would kinda understand if it was just their god being the focus of ridicule, however South Park have over the years been an equal opportunity offender.

Associate
I think they summed it up best in "Cartoon Wars"

Mr Garrison: Welcome to Muslim-Sensitivity Training. It is important for us to understand why the Muslim feel the way they do, and why we can never show an image of Muhammad.

Kyle: No, Muslims can't show an image of Muhammad.

We don't have to follow their ridiculous beliefs. Just because someones religion says something is forbidden doesn't mean we all have to bow down and comply.

Soldato
DEATH TO THE WEST, JIHAD ON SOUTH PARK, JIHAD ON USA, JIHAD ON UK! FREEDOM GOTO HELL, SLAUGHTER ALL THOSE WHO GO AGAINST ISLAM.

Something like that might appear on some banners.

The small print is, this only applies to extremist Muslims, I know not every Muslim is like this, I have friends that are Muslim.. etc etc etc (I don't actually know any muslims sorry)

Soldato
n69qux.png

Muslims gonna get me!

Soldato
i'm sure its just all a publicity stunt ...

they will probably release the 'unseen footage', where they cannot get muhammad to go to southpark so they get a 'stunt muhammad' to take his place..

are there any muslims here who can comment on weather its really offensive to 'not see muhammad' in a cartoon?

What I'm a bit ticked off at is how this Muslim chap has essentially used the BBC News to broadcast a call to arms over the episode.

The points above about Jesus and Buddha have always rung out in my mind throughout recent years, during the riots and uproar. The Catholic Pope is a constant source of amusement for many, from Monty Python to Family Guy. Jesus and God get sent up in the Simpsons, Family Guy, SP... Yet like you say, have we had rioting Catholics, death threats from the Vatican, and graining Internet broadcast video decrying the West?

Grr.

Soldato
they got warned in 01/02 when they hammered him for a bit. infact comedy central told them to never do it again.

theyre too big to stop anyway. they can say what they want (atleast in the US , i seem to remember the tom closet cruise ep being removed from uk tv) any network would love to have south park on its roster

anyway i still dont understand why xxxxxxxxxx cant be shown or mentioned ? half of muslim males are bloomin named after him anyway! its all stupid and thats exactly what SP was getting at. its ridiculous.

Soldato
I can imagine through the slight fear something may genuinely happen to them, Matt and Trey are absolutely ******* themselves.
they must have know this would have happened. they got death threats the last time too ! also threats when they ripped bin laden for a full episode. more likely theyve finished the series anyway and are living it up on a tropical island with all the money this publicity gets them:p. hope so anyway

Back
Top Bottom