Trackmania sunrise win 7

Soldato
Does anyone have tm sunrise running under windows 7
I downloaded the demo and couldn't for the life of me get it to work
anyone know if this works on win 7 or not

Soldato
Nice guide Ph4lanx. I have the full version of TM Sunrise and since upgrading to Windows 7 have not managed to play it. Starforce caused loads of problems when I installed it so im not going to bother again. After a reboot with starforce on I got the first blue screen i had seen since installing Windows 7. I was running all stock settings at the time too so nothing related to memory, cpu or gpu overclock.

If games want custom rubbish like starforce or other programs I simply dont install them... For me they are almost as bad a getting a virus

Soldato
OP
Nice guide Ph4lanx. I have the full version of TM Sunrise and since upgrading to Windows 7 have not managed to play it. Starforce caused loads of problems when I installed it so im not going to bother again. After a reboot with starforce on I got the first blue screen i had seen since installing Windows 7. I was running all stock settings at the time too so nothing related to memory, cpu or gpu overclock.

If games want custom rubbish like starforce or other programs I simply dont install them... For me they are almost as bad a getting a virus

well in that case i'll just stick to tm nations then

Associate
I completely agree mate. I refuse to buy products until they either patch out the DRM rubbish or come out on budget without the DRM anyway.

It's just getting ridiculous these days.

Soldato
I loved TM Sunrise too, I got really far and even kept my savegame. If I were you i would just buy it on steam. Im tempted to try and sell my copy of it and buy the steam version.

Do you think steam TM Sunrise would use starfcuk?

Soldato
Is Nations as good as Sunrise?
When its installed through steam does it still try to use starforce, drm or anything other than steam?

Associate
I'm biased as I play the game everyday and have for over 6 years* now. As a value for money purchase it is hard to beat.

*Obviously not TM United Forever, but have played all variations of TM since the original beta.

Back
Top Bottom