Is my system underpreforming?

Soldato
On Empire TW with say 1000 men on screen , the fps plummets to under 10
Settings: AAx2 AFx8 1680x1080 ,Grass off , shadows off All special effects (V sync) ect turned off. Most other settings bordering between medium and high.

BFBC2 : 1680X1050
DX10. AAx1 AFx1 All settings bordering between medium and low. Very chuggy and always under 30 fps
Got the latest
Using gamebooster which seems to help.
Got the 197.77 drivers.
Any advice?

Last edited:
Soldato
This is the second thread about this issue recently, I think it's a demanding game. has it ever run any better?

I had a horrible feeling this was going to be a thread based on a windows experience index score, thank god!

Soldato
With Empire Total War and other Total War games any FPS above 12 is smooth and playable due to the slow plodding nature of the gameplay, I suggest turning everything down to medium for the time being and unit size to medium or large. Unit size will effect your CPU which to be fair isn't the strongest CPU I've ever seen, effects and graphics options will tax your video card more.

As for BF:BC2 I'm surprised your getting 30 FPS to be honest, you might want to look at overclocking your CPU, I know you can unlock those Athlons but that won't make any difference in ETW as the engine can barely use two threads (says a lot about the currant state of British game developers, just to think we were pioneers back in the 80's) but it might make a difference in BF:BC2.

Back
Top Bottom