my bargain basement Xsara VTS

GeX

GeX

Soldato
A while back I posted a thread asking what to get for around 2k. Well after doing some sums I halved my budget and found all the cars I had been looking at where a wee bit ropey now!

So I bought this;

2002 Xsara VTS Phase 2. 52k miles, cambelt done at ~43k, aircon, auto wipers/lights MOT'd till next year, taxed till next year... £930

os.jpg

front_ns.jpg

rear_ns.jpg

inside.jpg

Yes the styling on the GTI-6 maybe nicer, but i dread to think how much one in similar condition would have cost.

GeX

GeX

Soldato
OP
It was up on PH for £1250 but wasn't so selling, so it ended up on ebay. I did a sneaky last second bid and got it. I think they normally go for a little bit more unless they're quite a bit higher mileage.

Soldato
I can't say I like the styling, I much prefer the phase 1 but for that price I could see past it. Excellent car for the money.

Soldato
Bargainarific!

Same colour as the prefacelift 1.4 "forte" I had many years ago...

Oh, and the baby jesus cried when he saw that interior. All good otherwise though!

Soldato
An excellent choice if I do say so myself ;)

Just hope you don't start having random electrical issues like me and GT3!

When it works its a fine car, and yes the seats are a bit ming, but they are comfortable with good bolster support for a standard car.

Soldato
I remember your thread, I was also looking at some of the same cars you were, seems we both deviated.

Can't say I could look at it from the front for more than a few seconds at a time, but It looks like you bagged something with a reasonable amount of fun and a reasonable amount of luxury.

Soldato
Wow that's going to be fun to rag around, for that price I guess there isn't much else that can compare (if we are talking similiar age etc).

Only thing I can say is get a massive Lucy Pinder print stuck on the bonnet, at least that way you could look your car in the face whenever you walk away from it :D

Associate
Thats a decent motor for the price, hopefully the suspension is still fit as it has covered such little miles. Good buy.

I did get a little bit of sick in my mouth when I seen the paint work mind you! :eek:
But then I seen the seats & door cards & actually spewed into my keyboard! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom