BBC F1 Videos

Associate
nice one. I'd love to re-live some older races, the glory days with Mansell, Senna, Prost and Hill. Can anyone recommend any dvd's. Be great to re-watch a whole season.

Last edited:

spp

spp

Associate
Great find! Working my way through them, brings back some memories.

British GP, 98, Schumacher wins the race in the pits serving his stop go penalty, was something I'd totally forgotten. Crazy stuff.

Soldato
After watching Brazil 08 and listening to Crofty commentate, I think the BBC should swap Leg-end for him. It was great and not annoying or irritating in the slightest.

Does the 5 Live radio sync with the TV ? I'll need to remember to try this for the next race.

Soldato
OP
I always have the 5 Live Commentary with the races, not noticed much of an issue. Antony Davidson is FAR better than Legard, and probably will be better than Brundle technically in a few years.

Associate
After watching Brazil 08 and listening to Crofty commentate, I think the BBC should swap Leg-end for him. It was great and not annoying or irritating in the slightest.

Does the 5 Live radio sync with the TV ? I'll need to remember to try this for the next race.

Except that he completely failed to spot the Hamilton-on-Glock overtaking maneuvre as it happened, which is a bit of a glaring omission! I've got a clip of the ITV coverage of the last couple of laps and the bit where Brundle shouts 'Is that Glock?' still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Granted Legard would have been banging on about 'frustration' for Hamilton despite the fact that he was 'on a charge' but that's still a glaring miss for me!

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey witor hows the alfa coming along?

Absolutely fine mate :)

Roughly 6 months in, and no worries in terms of reliability, apart from spending £40 to replace the droplinks up front. Absolutely pleasure, though town fuel consuption is...painful :)

Mind you, what isn't painful to drive round Gibraltar? :)

Did you end up getting an Accord Estate iirc?

Soldato
Except that he completely failed to spot the Hamilton-on-Glock overtaking maneuvre as it happened, which is a bit of a glaring omission! I've got a clip of the ITV coverage of the last couple of laps and the bit where Brundle shouts 'Is that Glock?' still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

I missed it too, but that was because I was half cut, head in my hands with a slight tear in my eye thinking Hamilton had lost it. I'm going to try 5 Live and TV combo at this next race. I hope it works.

Back
Top Bottom