Overclockers UK Forums Click here for more details
Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members - CLICK HERE

Go Back   Overclockers UK Forums > Hardware > Monitors

Old 4th Apr 2011, 15:30   #1141
Baddass
Don

They've done this on most of their models and think it was always down to screen size and the fact that the others were aluminium enclosed and so they wanted to keep heat output a little lower too

Baddass is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 15:41   #1142
klaus
Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazro View Post
Managers Post:
Hi. When will it be possible to buy these Monitors from outside the UK? www.hazro.com is still telling us that: The Hazro webstore is due to go live soon......

Regards
Klaus
Last edited by klaus; 4th Apr 2011 at 16:10.
klaus is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 17:21   #1143
hazro
Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
A question for the hazro guys: What made you decide to go down the route of a power adaptor rather than a simple kettle lead directly into the monitor? I hate power adaptors
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
A question for the hazro guys: What made you decide to go down the route of a power adaptor rather than a simple kettle lead directly into the monitor? I hate power adaptors
External SMPS actually cost more but there are 3 reasons: heat, thickness and analog noise. Shielding interface cables is expensive and doesn't always work. Most, if not all, medical and industrial monitors feature external adapters for these reasons. Final reason is rma: replacing adapters is quicker and cheaper.
hazro is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 17:56   #1144
reqq
Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaus View Post
Hi. When will it be possible to buy these Monitors from outside the UK? www.hazro.com is still telling us that: The Hazro webstore is due to go live soon......

Regards
Klaus
I wonder this too.

When will next stock be availble at OCUK, maybe they can make 2 more exceptions ????
reqq is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 18:48   #1145
Zitron
Gangster

Quote:
LGs transition from LVDS to DP interfaces will see a new line of displays emerging this year with 3D and 120Hz IPS in the pipeline.
Looking forward to 120Hz IPS.

Zitron is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 18:59   #1146
PCM2
Soldato

Although potentially 'unlocking' the ability to support stereoscopic 3D gaming, I don't think we will see the same kind of responsiveness benefits that people have been enjoying as a kind of 'secondary effect' of 120Hz TN panel monitors. I wrote a little bit more about that here. I'd love to be proved wrong but it would take development of the technology above and beyond what exists today for 120Hz IPS to offer the kind of 2D experience gamers are after.

OLED and QLED - the future of monitors @ pcmonitors.info
PCM2 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 19:02   #1147
rickh
Hitman

Quote:
External SMPS actually cost more but there are 3 reasons: heat, thickness and analog noise. Shielding interface cables is expensive and doesn't always work. Most, if not all, medical and industrial monitors feature external adapters for these reasons. Final reason is rma: replacing adapters is quicker and cheaper.
I appreciate the decision you took with external SMPS - it just makes sense to keep a part that can cause complete failure outside of the monitor body.

I am slightly concerned about the 4pin DIN plug in the consumer market. Lots of people I know just plug things in to find out how they fit. Since a 4pin DIN plug can be plugged in upside down (not all the way, but enough to make contact) there could be reverse polarity damage.

Does the monitor have reverse polarity protection to stop people blowing them up (I guess something like a diode over the power input). If not, perhaps you could consider using a non symmetrical power pin layout for your future consumer products.
rickh is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 19:10   #1148
Zitron
Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCM2 View Post
Although potentially 'unlocking' the ability to support stereoscopic 3D gaming, I don't think we will see the same kind of responsiveness benefits that people have been enjoying as a kind of 'secondary effect' of 120Hz TN panel monitors. I wrote a little bit more about that here. I'd love to be proved wrong but it would take development of the technology above and beyond what exists today for 120Hz IPS to offer the kind of 2D experience gamers are after.
Interesting stuff, cheers.

Zitron is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 23:05   #1149
hazro
Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickh View Post
Does the monitor have reverse polarity protection to stop people blowing them up
We always recommend everything is plugged in before switching it on from the mains. The pin will only fit in one way and whilst some contact of pins maybe possible with incorrect insertion, its not enough to short the power supply.

Kits are available comprising of a converter and a intermediary cable switch. The converter fits on the end of the power adapter and the cable fits into the back of the monitor. The converter+cable are designed to only accept terminal mating in one direction. This is not really necessary for a consumer product but industrial peripherals do have these to avoid any slip ups.
hazro is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2011, 23:28   #1150
Sylver123
Wise Guy

Quote:
We always recommend everything is plugged in before switching it on from the mains. The pin will only fit in one way and whilst some contact of pins maybe possible with incorrect insertion, its not enough to short the power supply.

Kits are available comprising of a converter and a intermediary cable switch. The converter fits on the end of the power adapter and the cable fits into the back of the monitor. The converter+cable are designed to only accept terminal mating in one direction. This is not really necessary for a consumer product but industrial peripherals do have these to avoid any slip ups.
hazro

Could you please give me some feedback information of the problems I have reported in the thread below starting from post number #131 to #163?

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...8257591&page=5

Thank You!

Intel i7 5960X @ OC 4.5GHz, Asus R5E, XSPC AX360, G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4-3000MHz, BeQuiet 1200W PSU, Cosmos 2, Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP, Creative X-Fi Titanium, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0, LG BH10LS30
Last edited by Sylver123; 4th Apr 2011 at 23:34.
Sylver123 is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 08:59   #1151
hlennie
Hitman

Hazro guy not really reading what people are posting on here

yes great price colour etc.....................................

one or two dead pixels stuck pixals not a problem what people want to hear is answers to their questions.

1. We dont want monitors with dust already behind the glass yes might be small particles but would be dam distracting on a bright screen once u notice it.

2. Do Hazro actually put these screens together or just stick a label on them as the point of saying changes to manufacturing line will bump up price, If u already use a clean room to assemble these monitors I suggest u clean your filters on your exstraction units.

3. Is there a way to take the Glass screen off with out damage so it can be cleaned? theres a lot of dust in houses these days.

4. heres a thought for your engineers I presume the glass has been glued/bonded to the frame.

how about bonding a magnetic seal to the glass and frame so it can be easly removed.

5. the most important point yes we will moan because we are paying our hard earned cash to buy these monitors and most have been waiting months to get their hands on these monitors.

Hazro aint had the best background from what I have read and u say this is due to being took over twice in 14 months that to me means bad managment and to many of us workers we have to deal with idiot bosses way to often.

so sort the managment = happy workers/better maintenance = better product = happy customer/less RMA's

6500 @4.8 -Asus z170 pro -16GB D Pro 3000 - 980TI Classy - Dell U2713HM - 120GB GT - WD Black Raid 0 2TB - WD Green 1.5 GB - 6TB NAS - Strider 1200W - Creative Z - Z550 - G19S - G13
Last edited by hlennie; 5th Apr 2011 at 09:11.
hlennie is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 09:04   #1152
klaus
Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by reqq View Post
I wonder this too.

When will next stock be availble at OCUK, maybe they can make 2 more exceptions ????
Yesss. I think I would go for it.

Cheers - Klaus
klaus is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 10:59   #1153
Pete_G
Associate

@hlennie

"how about bonding a magnetic seal to the glass and frame so it can be easly removed."

I reckon if it was easy to do so effectively then someone would have done it ages ago. Add-on mag strips i have seen have not been that strong. It would def. add to the cost too.
Also do you really believe the dust behind the screens is due to someone not cleaning the filters?!!

I took Badass' advice & didn't bother running a dead pixel check on my screen; i can't
see anything with the naked eye (dust or otherwise), so why use some software to highlight it's possible existence?! Can't see it, not stressing out, & would be loving the monitor if my motherboard hadn't blown up.
Pete_G is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 11:07   #1154
Mr Krugga
Sgarrista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_G View Post
@hlennie

"how about bonding a magnetic seal to the glass and frame so it can be easly removed."

I reckon if it was easy to do so effectively then someone would have done it ages ago. Add-on mag strips i have seen have not been that strong. It would def. add to the cost too.
Aren't Apple Displays made that way? It would limit the number of RMAs/DSRs and that would certainly save some money for slight changes to the glass panel.

Quote:
Also do you really believe the dust behind the screens is due to someone not cleaning the filters?!!
Yes, the glass was certainly not fitted in a dust-free environment.

Quote:
I took Badass' advice & didn't bother running a dead pixel check on my screen; i can't
see anything with the naked eye (dust or otherwise), so why use some software to highlight it's possible existence?! Can't see it, not stressing out, & would be loving the monitor if my motherboard hadn't blown up.
Do you even know how this software works? It's just coloured background for you to see if there are any duff pixels.

Mr Krugga is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 11:13   #1155
Vir
Wise Guy

Somehow I have the feeling removing the glass yourself will only add more dust.

Xeon X5670 | Asus P6X58D-E | Kingston Hyper-X 12GB 1600Mhz
EVGA GTX 980Ti Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ | Creative XFI Titanium Professional
Sams 850 EVO 1TB | Corsair HX850 | Corsair H50 | SilverStone FT02W
Hazro HZ27WC | SteelSeries Sensei Raw | 1994 Mercedes E280
Vir is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 11:16   #1156
Baddass
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_G View Post
glad you're happy with the screen. i dont see the point in searching for something if you cant notice it in every day use

Baddass is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 11:16   #1157
Pete_G
Associate

"Yes, the glass was certainly not fitted in a dust-free environment."

Well, following the thread, i understand it was fitted in a clean room. I have no idea if this is up to chip-manufacturing standards where everybody walks about in spacesuits. I thought someone stated that some Dell monitors with glass panels had a built-in wiper, which suggests the process is not perfect, whoever is building them.

"Do you even know how this software works? It's just coloured background for you to see if there are any duff pixels."

Thanks, i've used some in the past & i think i figured out the basic theory behind it.
Old 5th Apr 2011, 11:38   #1158
CaptainCrash
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddass View Post
glad you're happy with the screen. i dont see the point in searching for something if you cant notice it in every day use
The thing is, although you might not notice dead pixels immediately, you might at some later date (even without deliberately searching), and having seen them once they may be very hard to ignore thereafter.

Surely it makes sense to check the goods and identify any failings within the DSR return period rather than risk being stuck without any avenue of recourse.
CaptainCrash is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 11:50   #1159
Ezyryder
Mobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrash View Post
The thing is, although you might not notice dead pixels immediately, you might at some later date (even without deliberately searching), and having seen them once they may be very hard to ignore thereafter.

Surely it makes sense to check the goods and identify any failings within the DSR return period rather than risk being stuck without any avenue of recourse.
+1
Ezyryder is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 12:46   #1160
hlennie
Hitman

well come to the conclusion that it must be gold dust thats stuck behind the glass considering the jump in price

6500 @4.8 -Asus z170 pro -16GB D Pro 3000 - 980TI Classy - Dell U2713HM - 120GB GT - WD Black Raid 0 2TB - WD Green 1.5 GB - 6TB NAS - Strider 1200W - Creative Z - Z550 - G19S - G13
Old 5th Apr 2011, 12:54   #1161
Troezar
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlennie View Post
well come to the conclusion that it must be gold dust thats stuck behind the glass considering the jump in price
Lol, 440 now not so sure about these, would love one but the price quality ratio seems a bit off...

i5 2500K 4.6Ghz, P67A-GD65, 16GB XMS3, MSI 1070 Gaming X, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Crucial M4 128GB, WD CB 750GB, Antec Kuhler 620, Corsair AX750, Corsair 600T(white), Hazro H27WC
Troezar is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 16:48   #1162
Skunkworks
Mobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troezar View Post
Lol, 440 now not so sure about these, would love one but the price quality ratio seems a bit off...
You wouldn't be saying that if you'd seen one in action, the colours are as bright and vibrant as a CRT. Watching movies and especially playing games is stunning, and a couple of dead pixels don't detract from it at all.

As is human nature, people are quick to make a big deal of the negatives whilst totally ignoring as the positives.

~
Last edited by Skunkworks; 5th Apr 2011 at 16:50.
Skunkworks is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 17:15   #1163
mrbios
Capodecina

Just set mine up after having it sat on the floor behind me for the past 3 days! (that was a painful 3 days) i've got the odd faulty pixel, i think one is dead and 2 are "hot" or whatever it's called, can't really see any dust under the glass. Seems pretty much spot on to me, i can't see the pixels with problems in any films, games or during normal use, i can only find them using a dead pixel test and leaning right into the screen.

Either im one of the lucky ones or some people are really really picky.

mrbios is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 17:33   #1164
Troezar
Wise Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkworks View Post
You wouldn't be saying that if you'd seen one in action, the colours are as bright and vibrant as a CRT. Watching movies and especially playing games is stunning, and a couple of dead pixels don't detract from it at all.

As is human nature, people are quick to make a big deal of the negatives whilst totally ignoring as the positives.
I'm quite sure they are very nice and even the pixel issue is understandable. However the psychology of launching a product with visible dust under the screen, some unhappy customers and then a rising price seems a bit daft.

If as suggested there are just a handful of picky buyers surely it makes sense to do what you can to appease them and enhance your reputation as a result. I still have this on my radar but as I need two screen every increase in price will cost me double. The 400 barrier is an important one, at least to me...

i5 2500K 4.6Ghz, P67A-GD65, 16GB XMS3, MSI 1070 Gaming X, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, Crucial M4 128GB, WD CB 750GB, Antec Kuhler 620, Corsair AX750, Corsair 600T(white), Hazro H27WC
Troezar is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2011, 17:33   #1165
Alfie
Wise Guy

So let's be honest here. If they're picking from the same samples and suppliers as dell and apple why does EVERY panel have at least one faulty pixel?
Alfie is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2011, 11:58   #1166
Pete_G
Associate

OCUK have dropped the price (by 26) on the HZ27WA to 503.99 inc. VAT, til the end of the week.
Old 6th Apr 2011, 13:12   #1167
Chiribo
Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie View Post
So let's be honest here. If they're picking from the same samples and suppliers as dell and apple why does EVERY panel have at least one faulty pixel?
That's merely semantics. Just because it's from the same supplier and sample, doesn't mean it's the stock which D&A didn't accept.

To be honest I am still awaiting to see if the later batches resolve the dust issue or if Hazro are fine with you removing the glass panels to remove the dust (without voiding your warranty completely).

These are undoubtedly great screens, just a couple of minor issues that are preventing me from putting money aside for a couple of them.

May contain traces of sarcasm, cynicism and pink fluffy bunnies.
Stupidity should not be rewarded.
Lurker.
Chiribo is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2011, 15:38   #1168
hlennie
Hitman

Well I took a leap of faith and had to see if this monitor was as good or as bad as people where saying for me self so clicked on the buy and got me a HAZRO A

well got to say its a great screen I cant really fault it, games are just jaw dropping at its native res.

I've got a golden display as there is not a single spec of dust behind the glass.

not one dead,hot or stuck pix to be seen my eyes are bloody hurting from searching I tell u and spent the best part of an hour checking for them.

I do have a few gripes thou monitor stand is just pants u need to be able to fully adjust a monitor of this size

what idiot thought it be a goood idea to include 2 stubby screws for vesa mounts and also screw threads for these mounts are far to shallow had to use plastic washers to pack screws

also whats with windows 7 thinking this monitor is a 2233sb samsung syncmaster

so guess with these monitors its like a lottery not every ones going to be a winner.

Do hope u guys with problems with these monitors manage to get it sorted shame OCUK wont check a monitor out for u before they dispatch it

Old 6th Apr 2011, 16:30   #1169
Chiribo
Hitman

How are you finding the input lag hlennie? Noticeable?

May contain traces of sarcasm, cynicism and pink fluffy bunnies.
Stupidity should not be rewarded.
Lurker.
Chiribo is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2011, 16:53   #1170
Combat Fighter
Mobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlennie View Post
Well I took a leap of faith and had to see if this monitor was as good or as bad as people where saying for me self so clicked on the buy and got me a HAZRO A

well got to say its a great screen I cant really fault it, games are just jaw dropping at its native res.

I've got a golden display as there is not a single spec of dust behind the glass.

not one dead,hot or stuck pix to be seen my eyes are bloody hurting from searching I tell u and spent the best part of an hour checking for them.

I do have a few gripes thou monitor stand is just pants u need to be able to fully adjust a monitor of this size

what idiot thought it be a goood idea to include 2 stubby screws for vesa mounts and also screw threads for these mounts are far to shallow had to use plastic washers to pack screws

also whats with windows 7 thinking this monitor is a 2233sb samsung syncmaster

so guess with these monitors its like a lottery not every ones going to be a winner.

Do hope u guys with problems with these monitors manage to get it sorted shame OCUK wont check a monitor out for u before they dispatch it
But does your screen suffer from the yellow tint problem?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=824940

http://tapplox.com/imac-led.html

The grey boxes should all be the same colour.

5960X@4.5ghz | SOC Champion | 32GB 3200Mhz Trident Z | Titan XP | Acer X34
Combat Fighter is offline   View trust for Reply With Quote