Fixed penalty and 3 points for snow on roof?

Nor

Nor

Associate
Viral text doing the rounds today that police intend to start dishing these out.

Any truth in it? I've always cleared my roof of snow, mainly because it ends up down the back window and restricts my view, but a bit suspicious of viral texts.

Soldato
this is not going to happen, having said that not clearing your roof is a bit thick
Brake hard and you end up a white windscreen, its not like it takes a significant amount of time to clear either

Permabanned
It is dangerous;

Last year, in my ignorance I decided not to clean ice/snow off my roof as it was properly iced on and solid - I simply didn't want to risk scratching the paint trying to remove it. A mile up the road, I brake and it comes crashing over my windscreen, not only blinding me but putting a small dent in the bonnet as well :(

Associate
Must say I'm guilty of not clearing my roof, never understand people who don't clear their bonnets though. Get to 30mph and it's like driving in a personal blizzard

Soldato
Just got a text about this and also heard on Facebook about it from someone who is friends with a local cop and confirmed it. Probably viral nonsense though. :p

That said, if you drive off with a roof covered in 5 inches of snow you deserve to get stopped and done by the feds. :cool:

Soldato
Just got a text about this and also heard on Facebook about it from someone who is friends with a local cop and confirmed it. Probably viral nonsense though. :p

That said, if you drive off with a roof covered in 5 inches of snow you deserve to get stopped and done by the feds. :cool:

Yeah, my sister's freinds uncle said his wife heard that her dentist is mates with a police officeer and he said it was true, so IT MUST BE!

Soldato
this is not going to happen, having said that not clearing your roof is a bit thick
Brake hard and you end up a white windscreen, its not like it takes a significant amount of time to clear either

Brake hard in this weather, you'll end up in the back of someone else or a hedge before the snow falls on your windscreen ;)

Associate
So what will happen to the chunks of ice falling from artics trailers after a over night stop? Or will the drivers get penalised because idiots drive up their chuff and get icebergs landing on them.

Soldato
So what will happen to the chunks of ice falling from artics trailers after a over night stop? Or will the drivers get penalised because idiots drive up their chuff and get icebergs landing on them.

didnt think about that, just further cements the fact that this is unrealistic

Caporegime
It is dangerous;

Last year, in my ignorance I decided not to clean ice/snow off my roof as it was properly iced on and solid - I simply didn't want to risk scratching the paint trying to remove it. A mile up the road, I brake and it comes crashing over my windscreen, not only blinding me but putting a small dent in the bonnet as well :(

Small dent in the bonnet? That must have been a lot of snow..

Back
Top Bottom