Your fitness/sports related resolutions for 2011

Man of Honour
Hey all,

So it's that time of the year again where we all make promises to ourselves about what we will and won't do for the next 365 days. Break them or stick to them, everyone makes them

What are you sports or fitness related ones for 2011?

I'll start off

- Cycle to work everyday (I currently drive and it's a 1.5 mile journey), will tie in perfectly with my cutting
- Be better organised with my food. Quite often I'll leave my food prep to the last minute so have to get up early or rush around in the mornings making it. I'd like to get into the habit of preparing certain things for the whole week or a few days so the minimum amount of prep is required
- Get better gym attire :p All my gym clothes are too small now or not suitable for cold gyms. But I'm always putting it off buying it, so come next week I will be getting new stuff
- Spend more time researching different areas of bodybuilding. I want to be a lot more knowledgeable about bodybuilding so I can improve my own routines/diets as well as help other people on here and in the gym

I plan to stick to all of those, but we'll see

Your turn!

Permabanned
Worst thing for me is making rules I can't stick to. I never find time for excercise despite the best intentions, so I'm going to continue trying to eat less junk. That's it.

Soldato
I've booked myself in for a lot of MTB and road races this year.

My two aims for 2011 are
  • Finish the Midlands XC series in the top 10 - Sport Category : Finish - Sept 2011
  • Complete the 2011 UCI Wiggle Magnificat Sportive event in Silver standard - 127 miles in less than 7 hrs 48 mins : June 2011

Sitting here now after 5 weeks off my bike and eating/drinking a lot over Christmas those goals seem hard to achieve. See how it goes I guess :)

Soldato
Cycle to work when I get my Boardman in mid-Jan.

Stick to running three times a week and gradually build up to ten k without pushing too hard and damaging my knee again.

Keep to a sensible diet and lose about half a stone.

Caporegime
  • Lose 1 stone asap
  • Sort out my diet
  • Get into a routine
  • Train hard

Simples. :)

Going to be a bit hard to maintain something though... real word time at the end of may. :/

Soldato
Start cycling now? Get yourself a snood and a nice warm hat and gloves, you'll be sorted! :)

Not with 3-5 cm of ice on the roads, -20c coming up and lots more snow. Tis cold in Canada and most definitely not safe to ride into work. :p

I would love to get cracking on the bike now. Beats the gym.

Permabanned
pizza.gif

Man of Honour
Squat upwards of 230kg by the summer.
Sort shoulder out to allow bench to get above 130kg by summer.
Deadlift over 240kg by the end of the year.
120kg powerclean soon.
Get back into sprinting in some shape or form.
Do at least one more powerlifitng comp.
Get a much better 40 yard sprint for american football, and generally keep getting better at the sport.
Stay around the same weight but reduce bodyfat.

So yeah, one or two :D

Back
Top Bottom