Project: Fallen Angel

Man of Honour
Project: Fallen Angel

fallenangele.jpg

Image courtesy of Viking @ Deviant Art

So it's time for a new project. I wanted to do something a little darker than my previous build - Project: Angel so I decided to go for a red/black theme which ties in nicely with the Angelic alterego, hence the Fallen Angel title.

I'm still in the process of collecting parts for the build but I have the case which still requires a little work but to give you an idea, here are some sneek shots of it:

rampage009.jpg

rampage004.jpg

rampage012.jpg

rampage015.jpg

rampage010.jpg

First one to guess what case it is gets an e-beer!

More to come soon.....

Last edited:
Soldato
Another project already?!
OMG, is it a PC-P80 armorsuit case?

EDIT: When I first saw the name of the project, I thought that it would be a build log of you destroying 'Project Angel'

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Yeah I don't tend to keep my pc's for long, I get more joy out of building/modding them than actually using them these days!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
proper pics!

dont let this turn into another pc80 owners thread.

all the promise and no pics.

nath :mad:

Man of Honour
OP
Nice collection of parts, see that you went for the super mega, you wont be dissapointed. And 470 sli, great cards at very good prices.:)

I was made an offer I couldn't really refuse for the 470's ;). Sorely tempted to get a third but it would be for e-peen value only realy as two will handle everything I need em for. NVidia say that my psu can handle a third too which I wasn't expecting.

Caporegime
Two of them here w3bbo, (gigabyte 630 oc models) using a corsair hx 850w, clocked daily at a rather modest 751/1502/1700, handle anything i play with ease, contrary to a lot of opinions theyre quite cool running cards, 31-31c idle, 76-75c at load, auto fan which keeps them nice and quiet, doesnt go above 50%. However on a manual setting of 60% or more they are quite loud.

Man of Honour
OP
Excellent. Don't mind a bit of noise while gaming as I have my headphones on so can't hear them anyway. Been a while since I used aircooled cards for any length of time so my memory of 5800 ultras are still fresh in my mind (as is the scarring in my ears!).

Man of Honour
OP
I'll stick to my senn 595's for the now. Love em to bits. Them and my 30" dell are the two components I have had the longest - such is the quality :).

Caporegime
Im like that with my benq fp241w lcd, had it for over four years now. Often thought about changing it but nothing on the market seems to be much of an improvement. All theese latest 120hz lcd's tend to be rather poor TN panels, and would probably be more of a downgrade tbh.

Back
Top Bottom