ASUS P8P67 PRO owners - what BIOS version did yours come with

Associate
Hi,
I was wondering what BIOS version your boards came with?

Mine was 0402. Reason I'm asking, is that I have had a few weird issues since completing my build and looking on the ASUS website, they don't even show a version number 0402.

I've just manually updated to 1003 as the ASUS Update utility couldn't find any BIOS updates.

I've got my fingers crossed this will solve my issues.

Cheers

John

Associate
Same here, and I've also manually updated to the latest one due to issues I can't resolve.

Basically, I can't get any RAM to cold boot if it's set to anything above 1333MHz.

Tried with some Patriot 2000MHz stuff (it autodetects as 1066), and also so friends 1600MHz stuff, which it autodetects as 1333MHz. Neither set of ram will boot from cold at 1600MHz, but if you power down and immediately power back up, it will boot. Let the board totally power down so all LEDs go out, and it won't boot again.

Both sets of ram boot fine if set at either 1066 or 1333.

Associate
OP
Same here, and I've also manually updated to the latest one due to issues I can't resolve.

Basically, I can't get any RAM to cold boot if it's set to anything above 1333MHz.

I have experienced the cold boot problem, I hadn't identified it as RAM related but my RAM is 1600MHz rated. It's the Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (CMX4GX3M2A1600C9).

Experience the exact same issues as you. Cold Boot -computer won't boot unless I hit reset and then boots up ok.

chippy08 - apart from the above issue. The main one I'm having is just random freezing or crashing. Happens a lot in WOW. Sometimes the system just freezes and the hard drive light stays on. Have to reset the system. I'm not saying this is 100% down to the motherboard though.

I'm not even sure where to start trouble shooting this to figure out if it's the motherboard, SSD, CPU or Graphics card.

I don't think it's the graphics card as I used it fine in my old system along with the PSU but the motherboard, CPU and SSD are all new.

Associate
I don't know if the 1053 bios will help at all. Its only a beta though.

http://uk.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=HMMvTCuBcZLfu2YL

I'd imagine there are going to be a fair few updates in the coming couple of weeks once these get into the hands of more people.

That's the one I've got. Unfortunately non of the issues it list as correcting seem to relate to misidentifying/incorrectly setting ram.

Associate
BTW, I've phoned and spoken to someone at OC tech support, and they've said that they can set up and try to replicate the coldboot problem, but that they wouldn't be able to have any results until Monday at least.

Associate
OP
Out of interest, is your ram on the approved ram list?

It wasn't on the on-line one but it is listed in the manual

Just noticed that it says that the memory voltage should be set at 1.65 and mine was set to 1.5. I've put the voltage up to 1.65, suggests that voltage for nearly all the approved RAM.

I'll see if this makes any difference, fingers crossed :)

John

Last edited:
Associate
This is what happened to me Asus motherboard I got years ago. It kept crashing and sometimes wouldn't boot up.

The Gigabyte UD4 is more tempting now.

Associate
My P8P67 (non-pro) came with the 0402 as well.

Paired with a 2500k, I've had some problems with it. I tried the auto overclocking tools, both in the bios and the windows utility and it justs kills the maching dead. Literally, if I click the TPU button on the motherboard, or the OC tuner in the bios, the machine instantly reboots. Then gets stuck in a reboot cycle forever, until I reset the bios via the jumper - just powering off the machine doesn't work. Does the auto OC work for anybody else?

I've tried the 1053 bios and that doesn't help this problem. I'm now on the 1004 and haven't tried auto OC, since I'm just manually overclocking. It's really easy, just change the turbo multipler and I've set the voltage offset to auto. So far it seems stable at 4.5GHz at 1.3V - ran prime for 2.5 hours ok.

I've tried a bit higher too - it ran prime ok for a few minutes at 4.7 GHz, but was getting hot. It hung running prime at 4.8 GHz (~ 1.35V) and blue screened getting into windows at 5GHz, but I haven't really pushed it.

Anyway, I'm interested if anybody else has had problems with the auto OC. Mine doesn't seem to work, but it's so easy to do manually and so I can't see myself sending the motherboard back over this.

Soldato
This is what happened to me Asus motherboard I got years ago. It kept crashing and sometimes wouldn't boot up.

The Gigabyte UD4 is more tempting now.

Yeah I'm swaying towards the UD4 myself tbh. Have five machines here on Gigabyte mobos so sticking with what I know and trust might be a good move :)

Back
Top Bottom