Asus P8P67 Update!!!

Soldato
Asus have directly released into the community a new Bios which will correct many of the issues this board had (see fix log). After update fully clear your Bios by removing the watch battery with the power cable out for 5 minutes.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578865

Updated - 01/27/2011

We have new official UEFI releases for the P8P67 Deluxe, P8P67 Pro, EVO, Standard, Sabertooth and Maximus IV Extreme boards today. Although this UEFI is a down version from 1253 (beta) it includes most of the 1253 changes and is officially released. Additional UEFI releases for the balance of our P67/H67 product lineup will be released shortly and we will have another major UEFI update (13xx series) in the near future with user enhancements, memory profile updates, and tuning enhancements based on user feedback. I highly suggest a Clear CMOS event after loading the updated UEFI and then entering UEFI to reset your custom settings. JJ will have updated information on memory setups and SSD testing shortly.

P8P67 Deluxe, Pro, EVO, Standard, Sabtertooth, LE -
Change Log -
- Removes full reset at POST (double post) on cold boot or auto overclocking routine.
- Improved OC performance using Multipliers or Auto Overclocking
- Improved BCLK and DRAM OC capabilities when enabling the “Internal PLL Overvoltage” option in BIOS.
- Minor Bug Fixes including Auto Rule for C1E, C3, C6 is returned to Enabled first (1253 disabled first) and improved USB compatibility.
- Enabling Internal PLL Voltage will still cause resume/hibernate issues (Intel related) but we are working with Intel on any potential workarounds. For those users not needing a 47x or higher multi on the K series we recommend leaving this option disabled.

P8P67 Pro UEFI 1204 -
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/LG...-ASUS-1204.zip

P8P67 Deluxe UEFI 1204 -

P8P67 EVO UEFI 1204 -

P8P67 Standard UEFI 1204 -

P8P67 Sabertooth UEFI 1204-

P8H67M Evo UEFI 1204-

P8P67 LE UEFI 0709-
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/LG...-ASUS-0709.zip

P8P67M UEFI 0408-
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/LG...-ASUS-0408.zip

P8P67M Pro UEFI 0413-
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/LG...-ASUS-0413.zip

P8H67 UEFI 0606-
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/LG...-ASUS-0606.zip

P8H67M Pro UEFI 0410-
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/LG...-ASUS-0410.zip

Maximus IV Extreme -
Change Log -
- Improved BCLK and DRAM OC capabilities when enabling the “Internal PLL Overvoltage” option in BIOS.
- Minor Bug Fixes

Maximus IV Extreme UEFI 0901 -
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/LG...-ASUS-0901.zip

AI Suite II Updates - Please Download if you are still using the Support CD version as they are optimized for use with the new BIOS updates

P8P67 Basic / PRO / EVO / Deluxe Users -
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/misc/...ite_II_P8P.zip

Maximus IV Extreme Users -
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/misc/...ite_II_M4E.zip

P8H67M-EVO Users -
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/misc/...8H67_M_EVO.zip

P8P67 Sabertooth Users -
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/misc/...XP_Vista_7.zip

As always please ensure you have the latest Intel Chipset and Management Engine Interface drivers loaded.

Intel INF Update 1021 -
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/conf...Series+Chipset

Intel Management Engine Interface Driver Update 1184 -
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...=3273&lang=eng

Other-
P8P67 WS - Official UEFI 1007 (1204 will be released shortly)
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/LG...s-1007_slp.zip

Maximus IV Extreme - Beta UEFI 0951
http://www.mediafire.com/?gg2iukxhiv51669
1. Enhance support for high performance DRAM
2. Improve XMP module compatibility
3. Adds new option Memory Bandwidth Booster for better DRAM performance
4. Fix BIOS bug that may show incorrect Target CPU Speed shown after Clear CMOS

P8P67M - Beta UEFI 0503
http://www.mediafire.com/?tv7mr26jv4r96tr

P8P67M Pro - Beta UEFI 0601
http://www.mediafire.com/?ii1hze5m5e8gapc

- Minor Bug Fixes including Auto Rule for C1E, C3, C6 is returned to Enabled and improved USB compatibility.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I have updated my bios and done a CMOS reset and the board is 100 times better. Ram boot issue has gone and on CMOS reset it got the settings right and enabled XMP on its own.

Not that I had many issues but it feels like a quality product.

Last edited:
Associate
nice matthab,thanks for the info,its made my mind up now as have been waiting to see if they sorted the problems out,it now seems they have so will be ordering tomorrow,hopefully get my stuff for sat morning and have it built sat nite :)

Soldato
OP
Link to AI Suite, as the above is broken.

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/AISuite_II_P8P.zip (Downloading at 20K/s for me though :( )

How reliable is this source? Doesn't seem particularly professional to be providing BIOS updates on an internet forum via Mediafire. It just doesn't sit right with me, I'm tempted to wait until it appears on the Asus site.

Knew someone would ask this. Just to clear up, Hardforum.com have had the same issues and some of the guys from Asus post on there anyway. This is Asus trying to restore faith in the community and correcting a mistake.

If my machine stays stable this weekend it will be let lose :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Got to love Asus ai suite, it has a utility for grabing new bios files from a choice of 3 bios servers and not once has it ever managed to find a single bios file for my board, beta or otherwise. Strangely enough though the asus website has a couple of bios files for my board. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Cant believe it just got my msi board and now they bring out an update for the asus pro which was the board i had in the first place just my luck.

Associate
This bios was driving me mad for half an hour before I finally figured my problem out. I couldn't get speedstep to work with my x45 turbo ratio - seems that a couple of the default bios selections are different to 1003. You need to change cpu c1e and c6 from the default (auto) to enable, as in 1003.

Hope this helps someone.

Associate
I may well get the Asus back out of its box and give it another go over the weekend then... Hopefully my claims of "shoddy BIOS" were correct and the board is actually great.

Soldato
A comment people are saying after they have updated to the new bios.

I'm experiencing the same bug as SoF, my Turbo Multiplier keeps resetting back to "By All Cores" every time I reboot or any time I change the RAM Frequency.

If you guys want to check this out.

Associate
A comment people are saying after they have updated to the new bios.

I'm experiencing the same bug as SoF, my Turbo Multiplier keeps resetting back to "By All Cores" every time I reboot or any time I change the RAM Frequency.

If you guys want to check this out.

Ive had this but only when the bios reports "Overclock has failed" as far as I know.

Caporegime
Thats because this one isnt on the website yet. Should be on by the end of the week.

Im talking about any bios though for this board. Theres a few on the site, beta and non beta yet this update program can't see them. I mentioned it on hardocp its something to do with the ftp apparently.

Associate
Im having trouble when i get to overclock section with this bios as when i set by each core it does not save and it sets itself back to all cores with the 1053 it saved.

Also when i get into windows on the properties page it is telling me its running at a 3.30 not the 4.4 i OC'd to ?

Is anyone else having issues like this ?

Back
Top Bottom