Gelid Tranquillo w/ Vengeance RAM?

Associate
I wanted to check before buying that the following would all fit together:

Gelid Tranquillo
on a Asus P8P67 Deluxe with Corsair Vengeance RAM.

I wanted to ensure that the RAM's large heatsinks wouldn't interfere with the cooler. Has anyone has any experience with this combination?

As a sidenote, I'm planning on fitting it all in a Coolermaster 690 II Advanced. I wanted to double check there shouldn't be any problems with doing that.

Man of Honour
I'd love an answer to this as well. Will this cooler block ram slots with XMS3?

And if it does, does that mean you cant use the slots or you cant fit the ram without taking the cooler off?

Associate
Hi! I have the above setup, unfortunately you cannot populate 1st memory slot with such a high heatsinks as Vengeance has. If you use only two sticks (like me) you populate slots 2 & 4, so no problem there, but if you plan to use more memory you need to use different RAM or cooler, or you can mount the cooler the other way around, so the fan will be on the opposite side to the RAM, doing this way you will need to reverse te fan as well otherwise il will be pushing air inside the case instead of pushing it out. Seems doable, but not the best solution :)

Edit: I did measure the clearance between top of the plastic on the memory slot and botom of the Tranquilo and it is 30mm, so normal memory stick like let say Corsair XMS will fit.

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;18306013 said:
I'd love an answer to this as well. Will this cooler block ram slots with XMS3?

And if it does, does that mean you cant use the slots or you cant fit the ram without taking the cooler off?

You''ll be fine with XMS3, its low profile.

However, your assumption is correct, you cannot fit ram in the first 2 slots without removing the cooler!

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replys, set my mind at ease just as the B3 boards are arriving!

I take it there is no performance hit using slots 2&4 for the RAM? I would go for the XMS3 but the 1.65 voltage is putting me off.

Soldato
I'm planning a similar build to you as well; Asus P8P67 Pro with Corsair Vengeance Ram fitted in the Coolermaster 690 II Advanced but I'm probably going with this cooler.

I have checked and should fit the case and leave all the ram slots free.

Associate
I've seen a thread somewhere where it mentions someone using vengeance and the hyper+ 212 working for them. The ram in the first slot just touches the cpu fan.

Associate
I picked up a hyper 212 + the other day - it actually does let you use all 4 ram slots even with stupidly tall ram like vengeance. It doesn't even touch the first stick of ram. There's a few mm between them.

Performance definitely isn't as good as the Frio though.

Back
Top Bottom