need help on finding a game title

Associate
I am looking for a rts game from the late 90's possible early 2000's but cant remember its name. (It was 15 years ago)

All i remember is units gained ranks up to a star which ment tanks regen'd health and in many cases ended up with two barrels and these could be saved for next mission

Also the main way to gain resourses to build new units was oil ponds which you needed a oil derrick to collect it i think also oil trucks carried it back to a refinery

pls help its driving me mad

also by moving mouse from side to side speed up time

it was not any of the command and conquer titles how ever it was the same style build base, collect resources, build army, then attack

The resources was oil wells all over the map you moved a oil derrick into place then begain refining it to build army The tanks gained experiance from engaging in combat and combat was speed up by moving mouse side to side The game was in 3d but i am pretty sure it was release on pc before any of the command and conquer series some time towards end of 90's beginning of 2000's

Soldato
Rise of Nations?

Seven Kingdoms?

Both long shots as I dont think they match your description but good to get the ball rolling, even if it is in the wrong direction :)

Soldato
Another long shot, Warzone 2100 - the only one I can remember with oil as a resource, but you probably would have mentioned the 'making your own tanks' bit since it's so central to the gameplay. Awesome game, though.

Associate
OP
They dont look right but cheers for all the replies the oil was quite cool in it it was a truck that folded out into a oil derrick with flame on top then trucks came and carried it to base and i know it isnt generals because i was big fan of the c+c series

Back
Top Bottom