Can I use a ps3 controller with my pc?

Associate
if the above doesnt work google motion joy , its the same sort of thign but supports bluetooth key mapping etc. You will only have problems with it if your using windows 7 64bit

Soldato
OP
awesome! I'm gonna try it tonight with motionjoy, just using the controller wire for now, and then if it works I'll get a bluetooth dongle and bobs your uncle! :)

Associate
I did write a tutorial for this a year ago or so for a PS3 forum. Problem is that you have to force Windows to run in test mode as it uses an unsigned driver. Didn't cause me any problems but it's still a bit of a hassle doing it as you need to enable test mode and then remove the watermark etc. Can't remember the name of the app but there is also a tool which overwrites the XInput driver and makes your controller appear as a 360 pad to games.

Associate
I did write a tutorial for this a year ago or so for a PS3 forum. Problem is that you have to force Windows to run in test mode as it uses an unsigned driver. Didn't cause me any problems but it's still a bit of a hassle doing it as you need to enable test mode and then remove the watermark etc. Can't remember the name of the app but there is also a tool which overwrites the XInput driver and makes your controller appear as a 360 pad to games.

In motionjoy you just enable an option and it makes it run as an xbox pad.
Yeah I remember having to let my pc run unsigned drivers so it would work but it shows you how to do all this in the online tutorial/installation instructions.

Download page link: http://www.motioninjoy.com/download

Last edited:
Associate
To be honest just buy yourself an Xbox 360 controller wired, it works great and the microsoft integration works great too. I also happen to think as far as ergonomics go it is pretty much the best out there. I also find the physical analogue layout works better and I much prefer the thumb pad design as well. Each to their own though.

Soldato
OP
To be honest just buy yourself an Xbox 360 controller wired, it works great and the microsoft integration works great too. I also happen to think as far as ergonomics go it is pretty much the best out there. I also find the physical analogue layout works better and I much prefer the thumb pad design as well. Each to their own though.

Ill be doing this

Back
Top Bottom