windows install prob weird one

Associate
I am trying to reinstall windows xp for a friend on his system the mobo is an abit nf-m2sv and i am havinga few problems.

I have run the windows cd it recognises and formats the drive no problems but when it come to the reboot during install and for it to boot off the hdd it just restarts and restarts and restarts..........

i have tried the recovery console using fixmbr, fixboot and bootcfg to no avail. the hdd is browsable with a ghost recovery disk so am doubting the HDD is faulty. The HDD is accessible through the install disk and the ghost recovery disk so am thinking the board is ok.

Am pulling my hair out and would appreciate any help you guys and girls can give me as I have never seen this before (and hopefully wont again) :)

Associate
OP
AHCI or IDE mode?
Which SATA ports? (RAID ones or otherwise)
Defining any controller drivers with F6 at setup?

There are only 2 sata ports on the board the HDD is in port 1.

There is no setting for AHCI mode in the bios only sata controller enable / diasble and the windows installation recognises the drive and copies the windows installation files to it.

it is once that is done and the system reboots to continue installation that the probs occur it just immediately reboots when trying to boot from HDD.

Back
Top Bottom