F1 KERS and DRS demo video

Caporegime
Im not liking the whole "overtaking zone" talk... whats that about? I thought it was just if you were close enought, not that it was limited to where on a track you could use the wing?

Really not liking this rear wing idea now. And I think F1 is totally the wrong type of motorsport for KERS too. It is working wonders in Endurance racing.

Soldato
Im not liking the whole "overtaking zone" talk... whats that about? I thought it was just if you were close enought, not that it was limited to where on a track you could use the wing?

Really not liking this rear wing idea now. And I think F1 is totally the wrong type of motorsport for KERS too. It is working wonders in Endurance racing.

Each track has a designated straight on which the flappy rear wing can be used, and it can only be operated between certain points on the straight. The idea is that the use of the wing should allow a much faster, but out of position car to make its way through the field, whilst making it difficult for two cars of similar performance to pass each other.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato

If you are within the designated time from the car in front (1.5s I think it is) in the braking zone for the last corner before the main straight you can use the rear wing for a distance of 600m before the braking zone for the first corner after the straight or until the first application of the brakes after activation, whichever is the sooner.

This is not the case for Qualifying or testing, where it may be used at any point on the circuit.

Back
Top Bottom