Trolling my 'rents.

Permabanned
First and foremost, I love my family more than anything else in this world, but we do have something of an ongoing 'thing' of playing practical jokes on each other that started approximately on the day I was born.

On Sunday I was involved in a filming session for my housemate's job application to Saatchi & Saatchi, for which she has to spoof a popular TV advert. She chose to do the BT Adam & Jane campaign, which apparently will feature the marriage of the two on the same day as the upcoming Royal Wedding.

Many photos were taken as we staged the photo shoot and filming at the University chapel and some of them look quite believable for a student wedding on a shoestring budget. My parents hate the thought of me getting married until I'm at least 30 (not good enough for me, live your life, etc) so I thought I could have a bit of fun at their expense. A small selection of the many photos taken:

http://www.alexboni.net/ocuk/joke1.jpg
http://www.alexboni.net/ocuk/joke2.jpg
http://www.alexboni.net/ocuk/joke3.jpg

So now I'm thinking what should I write in the email I'm going to send with the photos attached? Or should I send them in a different format to email? I know my dear mother will **** a chicken when she sees them and I'm pretty sure my dad will freak out too. I'm wondering what is the best way to email them to convey sorrow for not telling them, but also great pride in what I'm claiming to have done. If I leave it to April 1st, they'll clock my troll immediately and a great opportunity will have been wasted. Plus, I could do with a laugh today. :)

Thoughts people?

Soldato
Do you have siblings? Get them to do it, otherwise it looks too obvious. If they use facebook, get other people to take pics and tag you in it etc.
First pic is obviously fake. Too much crap around and it don't look good. The other 2 will do though!

Soldato
you look far too casual in those photos for anyone to suspect that you actually are marrying the love of your life. i wouldn't buy into it at all. and for people who know you, well......

(sorry to be such a miserable git :D)

Soldato
Rawr! :p

I have a limited selection of suits and ties at my disposal when away from home and I was keen not to wear my job interview threads, knowing we'd be out at the pub straight afterwards :)

everyone knows the bride picks the outfits, you obviously didnt have a say in it ;)

Soldato
Truly brilliant :)

Send them a text saying "guess you didn't fancy coming then?"

Shortly followed by "I sent the invite months ago..."

Then when they are truly confused, email the pictures...

ags

Associate
first off this is an awesome idea

I'd echo the comments of other posters regarding the junk in picture 1. As for breaking it to your parents either get a sibling to do it (assuming you have one) or an email something along the lines of:

Mum & Dad

I have been waiting for the right time to tell you of this great news but have feared you would disapprove but nonetheless you have a right to know. On [insert date] I was married to [insert bird's name]. I know this will come as a shock but I love her and this has been one of the happiest occasions in my life and I hope you can bring yourself to accept my decision. I attach some photos of the wedding

Love

Theophany

Something like that perhaps it could be adjusted a bit but that pretty much covers the bases.

Let us know how you get on.

EDIT: If next time you see them if you could get hold of a cheap ring that looks like a wedding ring and make sure they notice it would add to believability of this gag. So much potential for this joke, assuming your rents don't suss your trolling immediately that is.

Last edited:
Soldato
problemwedding.png

Back
Top Bottom