PS3 Controller - Can you get use it after a 360 controller

Soldato
I'm thinking of going to a PS3 for sony exclusives and Move but on the few occasions i've played on one I find the control pad quite cumbersome, difficult and a bit uncormftable. Is this just because i'm not use to the joypad and given a few weeks will a PS3 joypad feel as fluid and second nature as the Xbox joypad does now?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I never could get used to the PS3 controller, but I'm now using a third party 360-style controller and whilst not quite up to the standard of the 360 controller, it's much better than the stock PS3 controllers.

Soldato
I switch between the two without problems (except for online play, usually takes a few games to get back into the flow), 1 thing I did to my PS3 controller was I replaced the crap PS3 thumb sticks with some 360 ones, made it feel abit better

Soldato
horrible, horrible controller. ive had my PS3 for about six months now and still cant get used to it.

I'd go so far to say that if sony keep this design for their next console, I wont be buying one.

Soldato
I recently moved over from the 360 and got used to the ps3 controller a lot quicker than I expected. Get some Giotech triggers for it though - ebay does them with some rubber caps to put on the sticks too which are really good.
I like how light the dualshock 3 is compared to the 360 controller too.

Associate
I keep meaning to buy one of these, Power A Elite, but after 3 years I'm quite used to the sixaxis:

f54roj.jpg

£24.99 from your local catalogue retailer.

Soldato
looked at a few alternate controllers (with the 360 style analogue stick placement), unfortunately everyone ive seen has had a flaw of somesort, either no six axis, large dead zones in the thumbsticks or poor wireless conectivity. Had high hopes for the Nyko raven and the Gioteck HF1 but both appear to be poor according to reviews.

Soldato
I'm used to both but always think it's better "going back" to the PS3 controllers.

Though I got girly hands so I guess they fit a lot better :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't get used to the DS3, which is bizarre considering how much time I spent with the original PS/PS2 pads. Perhaps it's because of the way sticks and triggers are used more these days than back then, and the design just sucks for analogue use?

I bought one of those PowerA controllers above, without it I wouldn't have been able to enjoy GT5.

Associate
Can't say I have any problems switching between my 360 or PS3 controller. I do prefer the 360 controller and use it more but I still have no problems when I switch to the PS3.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I keep meaning to buy one of these, Power A Elite, but after 3 years I'm quite used to the sixaxis:

f54roj.jpg

£24.99 from your local catalogue retailer.

Yep, that's the one I use. It's not perfect and not up to the standards of the 360 controller (the triggers are still too small, but at least they curve the right way so your fingers don't slip off), but it's a million times better than the PS3 controller. The only real downside for me is the ugly dongle that has to hang out of the front of the PS3.

Last edited:
Associate
I actually prefer the PS3 pad, until last year I had an xbox, ps3 and a wii and after realising I hardly played any of them, I decided to sell two of them, settled for keeping the PS3 simply because I find the gamepad more comfortable, always found myself having an easier time aiming in FPS games with the ps3 pad for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom