ASUS p8p67 Pro suspend / resume problems

Associate
Anyone that can help with this?

I cannot seem to wake the PC up with anything else than

1) hitting the power button which turns on power but doesn't start it - just whirs away with no video
2) Holding the power button in to turn it off
3) turning it on again which then brings it back with the "Windows is Resuming" screen

I can't seem to find a setting that resumes with a USB mouse (the settting for PS/2 mouse resume is set to "on" though I didn't expect that to work). Keyboard doesn't resume it either.

Bos

Bos

Associate
You need to change the bios setting 'Internal PLL Overvoltage' from Auto to Disabled to get sleep mode working correctly.

Its only required for high overclocks of 4.6ghz+ depending on how lucky you were with Cpu you got.
Mine won't boot with it disabled at anything over 4.9ghz so you should be fine running at 4.2.

Last edited:
Associate
I think this is the problem i have as well,i have had to run my cpu at stock as when i do a overclock when i put the pc in sleep mode it fires up but my monitor does not wake up have to do a hard reset to get it back up and running,so by changing the 'Internal PLL Overvoltage' will that sort the problem out?

Associate
I think this is the problem i have as well,i have had to run my cpu at stock as when i do a overclock when i put the pc in sleep mode it fires up but my monitor does not wake up have to do a hard reset to get it back up and running,so by changing the 'Internal PLL Overvoltage' will that sort the problem out?

From the Asus bios thread at hardforum:

"- Improved BCLK and DRAM OC capabilities when enabling the “Internal PLL Overvoltage” option in BIOS. Note - Sleep/Hibernate will not operate properly due to Intel Specs."

So yes, this setting improves OC ability but prevents sleep hibernate from working.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578865

Associate
Yes it works :) thanks for the info,i have only changed the changed the core speed to 4.2 and disabled the “Internal PLL Overvoltage” is that all i need to do,oh have set my mem to 1600mghz and volts to 1.5 which is the spec of my ram,anything else i need to change or is that it :)

Bos

Bos

Associate
I have found that if I overclock my memory to 2133mhz it will also stop the pc waking from sleep mode, no matter what VDimm voltage is used.
Running at the default 1600 or upping to 1866 works ok though.

Associate
(Eddie Izzard voice) Would this be The latest B3, all singing all dancing revision of the P8P67? Or the crippled before it had a chance B2?

Soldato
I have found that if I overclock my memory to 2133mhz it will also stop the pc waking from sleep mode, no matter what VDimm voltage is used.
Running at the default 1600 or upping to 1866 works ok though.

Probably because your RAM is not stable at that speed. I run my kit at 2133MHz and sleep/resume functions fine.

Bos

Bos

Associate
Probably because your RAM is not stable at that speed. I run my kit at 2133MHz and sleep/resume functions fine.

I've left it churning through memtest86 for a couple of hours @ 2133 & 1.55 volts with zero errors.
Tried it at 1.6v & 1.65v with sleep/resume and it was a no go, not tried upping VCCIO yet though to see if that sorts it.

Back
Top Bottom