OCZ Agility 3 Benchmark Results

Associate
Hi everyone, I received one of the new OCZ Agility 3 SSD's today and I thought I would share some benchmark results with you. The SSD is connected to one of the Intel SATA 6Gbps ports on my MSI P67A-GD65. Benchmark used was ATTO.

unledbhp.png

Associate
Im not getting the speeds i thought i might:-

Crystal Disk Mark 3.0.1x64 - 5x1000mb tests

SEQ 169.3 - 75.68
512K 161.2 - 75.59
4K 17.22 - 26.62
4Kqd32 48.71 - 73.76

BTW my sig is out of date, i cant seem to edit it.

my system gx660r 8gb mem, win7x64 latest drivers and stuff

I know my board is only sataII but would hope i would max out the bus at +280 read/write

maybe i need to fix something?

Associate
Right i'll be purchasing an SSD over the next month and this seems by far the best spec for the money however i only have SATA-II connections. But a few questions...
A: Is SATA-III backwards compatible with SATA-II?
B: If it is what sort of speeds am i looking to get as they obviously wont be as fast as SATA-III
I am hoping to upgrade motherboard, RAM and CPU when i have the funds so i would like something that's fairly future proof.

Soldato
Right i'll be purchasing an SSD over the next month and this seems by far the best spec for the money however i only have SATA-II connections. But a few questions...
A: Is SATA-III backwards compatible with SATA-II?
B: If it is what sort of speeds am i looking to get as they obviously wont be as fast as SATA-III
I am hoping to upgrade motherboard, RAM and CPU when i have the funds so i would like something that's fairly future proof.

A:yes
B:do not know for sure!

Soldato
Ermm yeah...

unledly.png

Good or bad? I don't know but I'm sure I read that AS SSD doesn't play nicely with Sandforce controllers.

The result above is near as matters the same as I'm getting (standard Intel SATA on P5Q-E).

If this benchmark is to believed then my 64GB Crucial C300 has much faster read speeds, and only slightly slower write speeds.

One annoying thing I found was that the screw holes on one side of my new Agility 3 haven't been threaded.

Associate
OP
Hmm, I'm starting to wonder if I've got a problem with mine. I've had the PC lock up 3 times now since yesterday. The HDD light goes solid red and nothing responds other than the mouse cursor.

Edit: Its just done it again.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Right that's it, I've gone back to my "old" Vertex SSD as this Agility 3 is starting to lock up more frequently now :( Looks like I'll have to set up an RMA.

Associate
OP
If it's what I described in the post above then getting another unit ain't gonna help you.

Yeah, just had a quick look and it seems to be something to do with the firmware, Intel RST drivers and having to mess around in the registry. Thats for the Vertex 3 so I suppose it would be similar for the Agility 3. That's if that's what your describing?

Back
Top Bottom