Corsair 600T watercooled build: "Blue Dragon"

Associate

Thanks to everyone who looked at my last worklog. I was very happy with how it turned out but there were a few nitpicky issues I had with it:
(1) cable management space was a bit limited and the result was a more cluttered build than I would have liked.
(2) no dedicated HDD racks, only room for two HDD in the 5.25 bays.
(3) only room for one double rad, so no chance of adding gpus into the loop in the future.

Been looking at lots of different cases as I wanted to mod a 'future-proof' case that I could use for the forseeable future, and as I won't have time to do new projects in the next year or two. This is probably going to be my last major build for a while :(.

I will need at least two triple rads for this build, though I'm pretty sure I can get a quad rad in there. It's only a mid-tower, so it's gonna take some planning and a whooole lot of dremelling :).

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Package actually arrived this morning. Box was MASSIVE. Mid-tower my sainted ***.

Actual case is a lot smaller, though still a good few inches bigger than my Lian Li PC-8FI. I wouldn't strictly call this a mid-tower...probably straddling the line between a mid and full tower.

I had some reservations about going for Corsair (long term addiction to LL and Silverstone) but I have to say the build quality is stunning. Plastic bits are stylish and strong, and the metal bits are all very solid. No rattles at all. The case was a good deal heavier than any other mid-tower I've handled before though.

Size comparison:

Clearly the big brother :).

Taking the case apart was a pleasure too - everything came out (and slotted back together) really nicely and with 100% accuracy. No screws or rivets - just plastic catches. The steel frame itself is actually quite compact, but still an inch or so longer than most other mid-towers.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Meet the rad brothers! Magicool Slim 360mm:

Phobya Extreme 480mm:

Triple rad first I guess :). The 600T has 55mm of space above the mobo for a radiator. This includes 25mm for fans that are actually stealthed by a mesh outside the chassis, and 30mm between the top of the chassis and the motherboard for a rad. There is a mount, but only for a 240mm rad but I reckon from some photoshoppy measuringness that there should be room for a 360 up top. Here's the cuts (to the plastic) needed:

This would render the top 5.25 bay out of commission for something like a DVD-drive, but not for anything that only occupies the front of the bay (e.g. a fan controller).

Now the Phobya Extreme. 240mmx260mm means this is rarely found internally. Unless you mount it on a case door. The 600t (507mm x 592mm x 265mm) is one of the few mid-towers that is technically wide enough to mount it on the inside. Problem is the inner chassis is only about 220mm wide and the 265mm width measures the maximum point of the curved case sides bulging out. Ruler out:

Quad rad is a go :D.

Associate
definitely one to sub - I've been thinking about the 600T for a while now, I would love to see you getting 2 big rads in there

I assume you going to have a sacrifice the bottom 5.25 bay for the fittings?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Was carrying case and tools back inside and I tripped on the top step, something went flying and hit the glass.

Case is unscathed though xD.

Anxious wait to see if landlady's going to charge me to replace it :(. Could be my 2500k monies...

Associate
OP
Well while that window's being sorted may as well pop another update on here.

That pile of paper below is my revision notes. Got an exam tomorrow...revising whilst dremelling is actually highly effective :).

And cut, showing where the last 360 ran fan will sit.

Top is done. The bare metal will be edged off with some rubber trimming, all ready for triple rad installation :)!

Back
Top Bottom