****Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 thread****

Soldato
Not long to go now until the release of the next installment of the biggest selling gaming franchises in history. This thread is for all things COD MW3 related, look here for the latest news and videos on MW3 updated when necessary.

Try and keep the spam and hate to a minimum.;)

Story

The game will see the return of Task Force 141 Captain John "Soap" MacTavish, former SAS Captain John Price and Russian informant Nikolai who are on the run after killing the rogue U.S. Army Lieutenant General Shepard. Russian Ultranationalist Vladimir Makarov will also reprise as the game's primary antagonist. Several new playable characters have been added, including Derek "Frost" Westbrook and Sandman, a pair of Delta Force operatives in New York City; Marcus Burns, a Sergeant in the Special Air Service fighting in London; and Yuri, a Russian federal security agent. Wallcroft from Call of Duty 4 will also return in the game.

New non-playable characters that have been confirmed so far include Truck and Grunt, who form part of the Delta Force fire team alongside Frost and Sandman. A Delta Force operative named Grinch was announced, with Tobey Maguire voicing.
Plot

The game will immediately follow the events of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, where the Russian Federation continues its invasion of the United States of America, and has also expanded its offensive to Europe, including England, France and Germany. Campaign stages are also planned for Somalia, Sierra Leone, Moscow and Dubai

Game info

Release date November 8, 2011

Platforms
Microsoft Windows
PlayStation 3
Xbox 360
Wii
Nintendo DS

twitter

Official MW3 site

Media

youtube

Call of Duty: Elite Demo

IGN Rewind Theater: Modern Warfare 3 Survival Trailer

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reveal Trailer

MW3 gameplay- E3

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Spec Ops Survival Trailer

Call of Duty Elite - Metaphorically Speaking

Call of Duty Elite TheLegendofKarl Trailer

Last edited:
Soldato
Will no doubt buy it but it looks like a near enough clone of mw2 with some new stuff tacke on. Not that I expect anything less from them now.

Just doesn't excite me in the slightest so far hopefully multiplayer footage will change my mind :(

Caporegime
One simple request, can we please keep "lolmw3" "what crap" "Battlefield3 will walk all over this!" comments out of this thread, I am sure BF3 fans would not appreciate similar comments in the BF3 thread.

Associate
I never bought MW2, however i did buy Black Ops and have enjoyed that tbh.

I havent done much info reading regarding MW3.

Is there dedicated servers ?? etc or will it be like MW2, if it is then i WILL pass this game by.

Back
Top Bottom