EXTREME7GEN3 SOUND PROBLEMS

Associate
Hi

I am at my wits end on this.

I exchanged my extreme4gen3 for this board due to problems with performance speeds on my revo drive

The revo is now working at full speed but now i have a problem with the sound.

The only sound option is digital and in sound manager the back sound connectors are greyed out....in sound options it says that no sound device is detected. I have tried 3 sets of headphones and desktop speakers but nothing works.

Things I have tried so far are
1. installed windows7 8 times since yesterday at 1pm.Tried professional and premium but get same results.
2. installed on a normal sata drive but get same issue.
3. Tried 3 lots of realtec drivers. still same result.
4. reseated all components including cpu...no change
5. tried using onboard graphics and removed graphics cards. no change
6. moved memory sticks to 2 and 4 as opposed to being in 1 and 3. no change
7. Flashed bios to 1.3 no change
8. flashed back to 1.2 no change. now back on stock bios.

no matter what I do I can not get the sound to work.

anyone have any ideas what is causing this...or is the sound on the board broken.....I will have to return this tomorrow unless someone knows what to do.

thx

Caporegime
You definately have the onboard audio enabled in the BIOS?

Also right click on the volume icon in the taskbar, select playback devices and check what the default audio device is (the one with a green tick).

Soldato
Daft question, have you enabled 'Onboard HD Audio' in the bios, it's hidden away under 'South Bridge Configuration', page 76 of the manual, also have Front Panel settings as well there.

Mine was disable when I set up the board, had me stuck for a while.

Associate
OP
yes....I have checked all these things....there is only a digital sound option. the speaker conections are greyed out and only front panel are there,,,,,but front panel sound is not connected.

Caporegime
Have you tried plugging the speakers into the audio jacks on the motherboard?

I'm using the optical output and because of that the options for the analogue outputs are greyed out.

If you have a digital cable connected then disconnect it.

Plug some speakers into the analogue outputs and then have a look at what options you have in the Realtek HD audio manager.

Associate
OP
my 5.1 headphones are plugged into the motherboard jacks....I do not have any digital cables connected....there is just no sound comming from the jacks and they aare greyed out in the realtec manager

Caporegime
Right click on the volume icon in the taskbar, select playback devices and post a screenshot of the window which opens.

Right clicking on the Realtek icon in the taskbar and and selecting audio devices will open the same window.

Caporegime
That's a lot of HDMI audio devices!

The one you have with the green tick (the default device) is the analogue audio jacks so that would appear to be working OK.

If you right click on it and select properties it should show you that.

It's nothing simple like you have the sound muted or turned down to a very low volume?

Back
Top Bottom