*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I didn't see a thread because you lot are probably all still hungover - am I right? :D

Anyway I know as far as Sports Arena goes previously I've been pretty much invisible but this year that will change! I've a lot of weight to shift and I've finally found some exercise that I enjoy.

I made a decent start on Stronglifts late last year but was unable to even get in the garage the last 3 weeks so have been missing the weights but looking to bounce back and improve further :D

I'm gonna need tons of advice and pointers but who doesn't when they're starting out?

Looking forward to some impressive results this year!

Soldato
AINT NUTHIN BUT A PEANUT

Past 2 weeks i've only trained once, will probably get once more in this week then back to it haaard!

Just reminded me, I've got a full tub of peanut butter from MP! :p. I cant touch weights for 2 months while I heal from OP :(. May just have to stick to body squats or something similar, just to help!.

Soldato
OP
Aaaand first workout done!

Lost so much fitness over the past 3 - 4 weeks it's shocking! :eek:

Also getting a peculiar sensation in both hands when doing BOR's - back to the docs we go! :(

Otherwise all good! :)

Soldato
Untitled.gif

IN!

Not been to the gym since the 28th, not weighed myself either ;). Can't wait to get back, actually had a dream about it last night :o. I was arguing with some member of staff about why they had a huge rack of fixed weight barbells but only one proper 7ft bar, amazed that that's what my brain picked after the drunken NYE that precluded it!

Soldato
Need to get back in the pool!

Must say since coming home from uni at Xmas, whilst having eaten tons of rubbish - hey it is Christmas, I've been eating minimal quantities of pasta and bread, and have noticed the difference made in three weeks....

kd

kai

kai

Soldato
So 5 months to get in the shape of my life!! for competition for Body Power Expo - will have a dedicated thread in next few weeks.

Soldato
I really want to get into doing some running this year, so ankle strength is something i'm gonna do a lot of research and work on as that's what's limiting me at the moment

Caporegime
Think I echo Psymonkee - actually got a good non-movable goal (hopefully its realistic) to aim for this year...

Do I have to sign up to that website to learn about stronglifts? Seen that mentioned here a lot - presume its not something to attempt when you are shifting weight?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
OP
I think you have to supply your email address but that is all - the pdf guide/book is free :)

It's all I did for 6 weeks and I saw a massive improvement in my general fitness with a massive focus on my back! Also saw my stamina improve greatly as my first few weights sessions practically killed me changing between exercises.

I have a concept 2 rower but a nagging foot injury that is currently aggrievated by the rowing action amongst other things. Looking into other cardio though now! :)

Associate
My first full year at the gym for me this year, good luck to everyone, last years thread was great to look at, Im going to post in this one! :)

Soldato
Urgh, now we have to deal with the 'resolutionists' for at least 3-4 weeks :(
But, also in on epic thread! I'll try and post a lot more in this thread this year, was pretty slack last year.
Currently in winter bulk mode - 10lbs gained in 10 weeks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom