**14 DAYS SATISFACTION GUARANTEE!**

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Well just to prove OcUK is serious about customer service, let me paste this little extract from our updated RMA procedure:-

The satisfaction of our customers comes first at Overclockers UK. Not only do we aim to offer the latest product at great prices, but would like to ensure that the customer is happy with the purchase. Instead of the regular 7 working days set forth by the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, we are offering every consumer an extended 14 day satisfaction guarantee. If you would like to return your order, you may do so within the first 14 days after receipt of the order. Simply call the Technical Support and Returns at 0871 200 5053 or contact us via WebNote. At Overclockers UK we value your business and feedback.

seal_ocuk_big.jpg

Full Details

So not only is OcUK behind the 7 day DSR, but were going one better and doubling the DSR period here at OcuK to 14 days, nothing but satisfaction guaranteed and proving to all we are serious about becoming the best UK etailor when it comes to customer service and raising the bar in the UK. :)

Just to clarify another point as well, if your read our support page carefully which is linked to in the OP of this thread you will see we clearly state:-

1. After the product is 28 days old you can either RMA with ourselves or the manufacturer.

To clarify this means you can either RMA back to ourselves or the manufacturer, the choice is yours.

So for instance it makes sense to RMA back to us, if the manufacturer does not have for say instance a UK RMA support facility, for example Sapphire. So with Sapphire you'd RMA the product with OcUK in the 2yr period, we will honour the warranty for the full 2yr period, or in the case of Asus 3yr etc. As we understand some manufacturers are not so easy to deal with and here at OcUK we want to ensure you get truly the best service and support.

However in some circumstances the manufacturer can offer a better service and quicker turn around time, for example KFA2, Gigabyte, Hard drive manufacturers and EVGA are famous for top level customer service and RMA support with quick turn around times. With these manufacturers we'd recommend you deal with them, simply as they can support and turn the product around quicker giving better service. Though again of course if the customer wishes we will deal with the product ourselves for them. What I would insist though is with printers, laptops and monitors after 28 days it is very advisable to deal with the manufacturer because many of them are actually on-site warranties which are the best and obviously like all other Etailors OcUK does not offer on-site warranties.

So just to clarify, after 28 days the choice is yours, you can deal with the manufacturer or OcUK, we will be happy to assist and do the best we can to offer the best service and attempt to get ourselves regarded as the best online etailor when it comes to RMA service. :)

Please remember though warranties, don't cover an end-user physically damaging a product due to in proper installation etc. or wear and tear, or in some cases modification. For example EVGA are fine with heatsinks being removed from VGA cards, as long as no damage is caused and they are re-fitted correctly if the card needs to be RMA'd, wheras other manufacturers removing the cooler voids warranty.

Soldato
Lovely move.

Here is to hoping people do not abuse the system as it protects those genuine customers who can value the additional service you are offering.

OcUK Staff
OP
Lovely move.

Here is to hoping people do not abuse the system as it protects those genuine customers who can value the additional service you are offering.

In general most customers will be genuine as in the long run like you say it protects customers, and we obviously want to keep such improvements and look to improve even further where possible. :)

Soldato
Nice move. Out of curiosity, you say from date of recite. Does the DSA not apply from the date you receive your goods? Thus possibly, if there was a mess up with the order, say some items went out of stock and others didn't so the payment goes through but the order isn't shipped, you would end up not getting 14 days.

Perhaps a rewording?

Soldato
So with the DSR if I purchase something and I'm not happy with it for ANY reason, I can send it back for a full refund? Do OcUK have a restocking fee for this instance?

Thanks

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
This is a superb move and something I am really happy to see us providing for free.

At OcUK we do not impose restocking fees.

Associate
So with the DSR if I purchase something and I'm not happy with it for ANY reason, I can send it back for a full refund? Do OcUK have a restocking fee for this instance?

Thanks

Yes, and no there is no restocking fee, they are not aloud in the UK afaik.

They also cannot insist you send it back in the original packaging etc, its kind of unfair in my opinion on retailers but there you go!

OcUK Staff
OP

Thanks

With DSR you get 7 days, were giving 14 days. No restocking fee, but you are responsible for paying postage and ensuring the parcel gets back to us un-damaged, i.e. suitable packaging, as such generally best to keep the packaging it arrived in. :)

Soldato
With DSR you get 7 days, were giving 14 days. No restocking fee, but you are responsible for paying postage and ensuring the parcel gets back to us un-damaged, i.e. suitable packaging, as such generally best to keep the packaging it arrived in. :)

Sounds great - Another reason to keep using OcUK. :)

Soldato

Dosent the law say you have to refund postage costs under DSR ?

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I believe it entirely depends on sales contract. In fact I had a topic in GD about this only recently (like a couple of days ago), and Nitefly chipped in - doing some kind of law related job...

kd

Not sure what the legislation is myself but I think it's terribly unfair if the retailer does, makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom