Water Cooling Antec 1100

Associate
Hi,

I'm looking into water cooling my antec 1100. Have had a look on the net but can't seem to find many people attempting it. So just wondering on peoples opinions on how to do it as this will be first attempt at water cooling.

Here is a pic just so you can get an idea of how much pace i have.
1339017560681.jpg

Associate
OP
Well I was thinking about doing both just to have a go at doing it. And a budget up to 200. I've never done water cooling but I've been looking at for a while and read quite a few articles on people doing water cooling.

Thanks,
Mark

Soldato
tbh, i wouldnt bother cooling your gpu becuase of the fact that it is a low-end card and also you dont have a lot of budget

i would personally get good components for a cpu only loop rather than skimp and try to get cpu and gpu on there

(and then you can upgrade at a later date if you want)

Associate
OP
Yeah i take your point there. so with the water cooling i was thinking mounting a res tank in the spare HDD bays and then mounting a 120mm Rad on the back of the case. Are there any brands and equipment that you'd recommend.

Thanks,

Associate
what cpu are you running? tbh i would go for a 240 rad.. 120 base + 120 per component after that is rule of thumb tbh. you may get away with a single 120 but you wont see any improvements on temp tbh.

would you mind doing a bit of modding to your case? a slim 240 in the roof would work (seen it done on the 1200)

Associate
OP
I got a phenom 955 BE in there. I might be tempted to a little bit of modding to the case. I was wondering about mounting a slim 240 rad in the front of the case as i can easily fit two 120mm fans behind the front cover. Will have to measure it up.

Soldato
I got a phenom 955 BE in there. I might be tempted to a little bit of modding to the case. I was wondering about mounting a slim 240 rad in the front of the case as i can easily fit two 120mm fans behind the front cover. Will have to measure it up.

I was going to say looking at your case it would look likes you will have to get yous dirty and mod case quite a bit to get a decent water cooling setup.

Associate
OP
Well just had a look at my case and the two 120mm fan spaces have about 45mm of space so guessing that isn't enought space even for the slim rads. but there is a bracket from two 120mm fans on the inside next to the HDDs. so could i use the intake fans on the front to suck air in over the rad and the exhaust ones pull them out?

Soldato
If it were me I would cut out the hard drive bays and free up the first 5.25" bay which would give me enough room to fit a thick 240 or 280 if the front can support 140mm fans but the problem you have is your running 4 hard drives so I can't see where they would all go. For a really basic loop you could get a 120 rad and fit it on the rear of the case along with a single 5.25" bay res and a cheap pump and some barbs.

Associate
OP
Hi I've been having more look at my computer and come up with these two drawing lol.
This one is the internal water cooling idea, a rad mounted internally (in red) and could have the res (blue) in the HDD bays or 5.25" bays.
Watercoolingideasinternal.jpg

Not sure if this one will mount very well at all buy it's mounting the rad on the outside of the case over the side vents and running the tube round the back where there are two holes for external water cooling. And then have the red in either of the two places shown before.
Watercoolingideasexternal.jpg

What you think?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi,
I have an 1100 too.
If you pull off the front cover, the front fan bay may accommodate a 240 rad... have been thinking similar myself!

-edit- Just had a look... P'raps not...

Yeah was looking at it myself measured it to be only about 45mm clearance in there. Would have been great if they gave a little bit more clearance in there.
Hopefully we can figure something out without too much modding to the case.

Associate
OP
Let us know how you get on. I've been looking and i reckon i could fit Hardware Labs Black ICE Radiator GT Stealth 240 in the case. Gonna try and fit it in the front and mount the fans behind sucking air over them. If not i'll mount it in next to the drive bays. Will buy depending on car repairs lol.

Associate
OP
Well i've got enough money to buy a rad and some fans to do some test fitting. So i'm going for the Hardware Labs Black ICE Radiator GT Stealth 240 and was wondering what fans people would recommend to get for it. Don't suppose there are some slim fans. Would prefer them in blue or black lol.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Well I've just ordered Hardware Labs Black ICE Radiator GT Stealth 240 and a Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm 1450 RPM fan to test out the clearance inside the case. Hopefully they fit or i might have some stuff for sale lol.

Associate
Well I've just ordered Hardware Labs Black ICE Radiator GT Stealth 240 and a Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm 1450 RPM fan to test out the clearance inside the case. Hopefully they fit or i might have some stuff for sale lol.

Sweet.
Let us know how you get on!
I was wondering about a slim rad on the outside of the front fans too. Would be a squeeze but it looks about right. Can see issue with pipe routing though- no holes!

Associate
OP
Well just got this email "Your order from Overclockers is due for delivery between 10:51-11:51" So when i get home after football i know what I'm gonna be doing. I will try the space in the front for the two 120mm fans. But if it did fit you'd only have to dremel a few holes. Bu i reckon internally will be the best option. I will take some pictures.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom