Car damaged from hail storm, car insurance advice please?

Associate
Just had a massive hail storm here in Hinckley, lots of cars damaged.

I'm a bit concerned as to whether the car insurance will cover it or not? Hail the size of golf balls came down and dented all over the car. Bonnet, roof etc.

Associate
you would be able to claim in my opinion however it will most probably go as fault and you will pay your excess and lose some NCB.

Not saying you caused the claim but who would the insurance company follow up with to claim back the cost of repairs , hence it showing as fault and NCB being reduced etc

Soldato
you would be able to claim in my opinion however it will most probably go as fault and you will pay your excess and lose some NCB.

Not saying you caused the claim but who would the insurance company follow up with to claim back the cost of repairs , hence it showing as fault and NCB being reduced etc

"most probably go as fault" :confused: Obviously the the OP will have to claim against his own policy, who else's could he claim from?

Associate
OP
I have a guaranteed protected NCB thing on my policy for both cars. I just hope this can stay within that, rather than effect the 7 years I have. TBH they might very well scrap my Lexus if the damage is as bad I suspect :( Its only worth £2k and I can see some bodywork costing more than that :(

Back
Top Bottom