Not holding BIOS settings and failing to resume from hibernation

Associate
I've noticed that the last few times I've turned my computer on it has asked me to restore my BIOS settings or load defaults, losing my overclock, and also on 2 out of 3 occasions it has failed to resume from hibernation and had to do a fresh boot. I'm first of all wondering if these problems may be related (it seems funny that they both happen at the same time) and secondly does anyone have any suggestions as to how to resolve each of them?

Thanks

Caporegime
It's possible that the motherboard is simply not liking the settings you have for the overclock which is why it's stopping the POST process and asking you to load the defaults.

If the CMOS battery has had it then you'd usually expect to see the date and time being reset.

You might as well replace the battery as it's cheap and easy.

If that doesn't fix it you probably have problems with the overclock settings.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I did think it may be the CMOS battery but it's been attached to the mains all them time and as Surveyor says it should ask for date and time too in that case which it hasn't. I'll try replacing it anyway when I can get into town on Monday evening after work.

@Surveyor and mp260767, after the first time it happened I loaded system defaults and it's been running at stock since then, so I don't think it will be that it doesn't like my overclock settings (though I will try resetting to defaults again when I reboot just to make sure)

Back
Top Bottom