Mayhem Aurora for any everday sytem ?

Soldato
I was wondering if anyone has used this for a everyday system ?

I am plaining on going tri sli with 670's and my 3930k with 3 rads dual loop's

CPU loop DDC 18w> 240 rad> Ek supremecy> 120 rad in nebula blue

GPU loop DDC 18w> tri sli 680 blocks in parallel> 480 rad In Galaxy Purple

All in 1/2ID 3/4 OD tube

It says all the parts pass with this fluid here.

But also says at the bottem

Aurora is "NOT" made for use in a home system. It has been developed for show System's (modding) and Photo work. If looking for a fluid for a Home system / Gaming system please use Mayhems X1 or Mayhems Pastel range of fluids there are fully tested and working in any kind of loop.

:confused:

Any help please guys ?

Soldato
Every few weeks you would need to drain the system, flush/clean and re-fill, for the cost of it just get some Pastel or X1.

I'm sure our local Mayhems rep will be along shortly to clear anything up :D

Associate
If you system is simple e.g a GPU , duel pass rad, tube res and pump or a single CPU block, duel pass rad and tube res it can last a long time the longest weve had it running is now 1 year. How ever if you system has lots of bends, complex Gpu and Cpu blocks and bay res you'll be lucky to get 1 month out of it.

Read this review and divulge the infraction in it. -> http://deviceunknown.com/?p=1375 it will help you a lot.

Never ever use a Res with a pump built inside it this will fail with in hours.

Last edited:
Associate
I had two full cover gpu blocks heatkiller 3 360mm rad 240 rad tube res all on a d5 on full,the effect lasted about 10 weeks then started to settle in the bottom rad, after 12 weeks it had nearly all gone and was left with x1.

Associate
Unfortunately the stuff doesn't last forever or at least as long as other mayhems fluids. Its bloody gorgeous stuff though...

You're probably better off using pastel fluid unless you really don't mind frequently changing.

Just follow what Mlwood said and youll be ok...

Associate
Can only confirm what's been said.

I've got it in my loop but I run my gpu block and cpu block parallel and the aurora effect lasted 2 weeks tops.

Awesome fluid though!

Associate
I Run the Aurora Tharsis red in my cpu loop been running it for well over six months with no problems recently stripped it down hardly any residue/staining in pump or res but does make go a bitopaque , I am in the middle of revamping my loop with 2 reservoirs so if any is interested in the outcome let me know and i'll show results in a thread.

Associate
I Run the Aurora Tharsis red in my cpu loop been running it for well over six months with no problems recently stripped it down hardly any residue/staining in pump or res but does make go a bitopaque , I am in the middle of revamping my loop with 2 reservoirs so if any is interested in the outcome let me know and i'll show results in a thread.

I'd be interested. I have a bottle of the aurora galaxy (the purple one) lying around that I havn't had the balls to use yet...

Im currently using a CPU loop but ill be adding 2 graphics cards to that loop soon. Im guessing aurora is unsuitable for that kind of a loop :(

Soldato
Probably not a good idea. It's not intended for long periods of use. Currently Mayhems is working on a sweet looking heat changing coolant that Mick predicts to last about 1 yr at a time ^.^

Associate
Unfortunately the stuff doesn't last forever or at least as long as other mayhems fluids. Its bloody gorgeous stuff though...

You're probably better off using pastel fluid unless you really don't mind frequently changing.

Just follow what Mlwood said and youll be ok...

It is gorgeous indeed. I've been using the red stuff for a few weeks now but I don't run this system 24/7 currently.

What I would add though, as nice as this coolant is to look at, when you wind-up the flow on your pump the effect is almost lost completely, except for during start-up and shutdown.

Associate
Quick question - when I decide I get tired of my pretty Aurora Tharsis, I should just flush this out with plenty of dionized water until it runs clear?

I have an RO filter at home, I could use this to flush it through as I have an unlimited supply unless someone wants to tell me different?

I was planning on switching to pastel in due course.

Associate
Probably not a good idea. It's not intended for long periods of use. Currently Mayhems is working on a sweet looking heat changing coolant that Mick predicts to last about 1 yr at a time ^.^

I saw this on their website and almost wet myself... Well actually I did...

It sounds awesome!

So long as there is purple im happy... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom