Honda Accord 2.0 I-VTEC TYPE-S - Purchased

Soldato
edit : now got a nice 05 plate same spec :) gun metal grey

accord3b.jpg

accord1l.jpg

accord2d.jpg

Been reading up on a Honda Accord 2.0 I-VTEC TYPE-S 2007, 67,000 miles petrol on AT and looks pretty nice, just wondering what motors think of this car. They are asking £5990 (got a focus to p/x)

Specs:

- one owner
- Sports seats
- Navigation system
- Power assisted steering
- Multi function steering wheel
- Full Service History
- Body kit
- ABS
- Alloy wheels
- CD
- Air conditioning
- Cruise control
- Remote central locking
- Electric windows
- Heated door mirrors
- Electric door mirrors
- Front armrest
- Trip computer
- Drivers airbag, Passenger airbag, Side airbags
- Front fog lights

Spec sounds inviting and thinking to go look at it on Monday / Tuesday. Anyone here had one ?

Soldato
OP
My dad has a 2.4 SE Auto with LKAS and ACC ;)

What do you want to know exactly?

Just someone's experience with the car, I'm looking for a car with a nice amount of power and fairly big. Also if anyone deems the costing of the vehicle correct. I don't want something that looks completely family but this one looks like it has something sporty to it - could just be the black

mediab.jpg
media1y.jpg

Soldato
Personally I think a mondeo is a better car, I think the 2.0 may be a little underpowered.

Otherwise seems nice enough to sit in and drive, can't imagine the type-s being that much different.
Not had it long so can't comment on running costs unfortunately.

Soldato
The 2.0 is perfectly adequate for that car, but if your after more oomph then maybe not. That generation were really good sporty looking cars and IMO the best looking in the sector, even though they didn't really sit in any specific segment. £6k sounds about normal for dealer prices, early models usually start around 3k, I would personally look to pay between £4.5-5.5k. Not long till the next gen Accord is out so I expect these to fall in value...

Soldato
OP
The 2.0 is perfectly adequate for that car, but if your after more oomph then maybe not. That generation were really good sporty looking cars and IMO the best looking in the sector, even though they didn't really sit in any specific segment. £6k sounds about normal for dealer prices, early models usually start around 3k, I would personally look to pay between £4.5-5.5k. Not long till the next gen Accord is out so I expect these to fall in value...

Great information thanks for this, I'm probably going to see it Monday/Tuesday

Soldato
Just checking if your aware that the I-Vtec in a Type S is not the Same as the i-Vtec in a Type R ?

Well ... It is but it works in the opposite manner.

Apologies if you already knew that.

Personally I like the Accord. When I bought my new car it was a choice between an Accord or a Civic. I found the Civic first !

Soldato
OP
Just checking if your aware that the I-Vtec in a Type S is not the Same as the i-Vtec in a Type R ?

Well ... It is but it works in the opposite manner.

Apologies if you already knew that.

Personally I like the Accord. When I bought my new car it was a choice between an Accord or a Civic. I found the Civic first !

Yeah, happy that it's a type S - I was alternatively looking for a Civic Type R however went off one of those onto this at the moment. Just looked into a 2005 version, basically is the same just slightly older, so naturally cheaper too. Taking a look at it tomorrow

Associate
I had a 07 Exec version, only sold it to a family member to buy the S2000.

The 2.0 engine does feel a little underpowered for the size of the car, but then it returns an easy 40mpg on the motorway, so swings and roundabout for what I had it for. The full leather seats I had where superb, lovely place to sit in, pretty wide seats coming to think of it compared to the leather in Volvos and Skodas, heated seats in the exec where nice over winter.

Tyre price where good as I had the 15" size, servicing was under Honda happiness, and reliability is typical Accord, family's had four of them now from new over the year and not once have they been in for anything but a service ( they might have had recalls etc when in for a service, but none under my ownership ).

The Sat Nav makes the cabin look a lot nicer, never had any major issues with the Sat Nav, but then never went anywhere particularity out of the ordinary.

Look for headlights letting in water and bad condensation as they had a recall at one point. The headlight in standard guise aren't anything to write home about, but since they had all the proper fittings and washers I fitted some after-mark in there and made a massive difference ( no self levelling for the geek police ).

Soldato
My dad has a 2.0 executive model and it's very nice. Comfortable leather seats, the 2.0 engine is very very smooth and fine if you're not after a performance car. The fit and finish and overall build quality is better than my Mondeo but then in terms of quality I've always placed Honda higher than the likes of Ford, Vauxhall, Peugeot etc.

Soldato
OP
Personally I would go with the 2.4 if you like the car

Difference between the MPG isn't worth it, drops by about 7-8. They are nice but 2L is sufficient for now. I'll be jumping from a 1.4CL 75BHP Focus to 2.0L 155BHP accord, granted its heavier but it will have more go.

ADL

ADL

Associate
Hi,

I had a 2006 Type S 2.4 and after around ten months, changed it for a Mondeo.

In almost every way, the Mondeo is a better car both in how it drives and, surprisingly, how solid it feels compared to the Accord. Granted, the Accord probably looked nicer and used to get comments from colleagues whereas this....well it's just a Mondeo! But I haven't regretted the decision in the slightest.

Adam

Soldato
OP
any reason you pick the accord over a..........mondeo? you'll get newer car for the money

Found another model 05 plate sub £5k now which is great, same specs just older. I like the Accord over the mondeo purely aesthetically, not saying that it's the only reason why I like it but it's one of them. Test driving it this afternoon, I may end up not even liking the way it drives but have heard some great reviews and comments.

Soldato
What made you take it then?

I must admit I've been impressed all round with my civic so far, it has it's flaws but the level of kit for the money is great, everything is well put together, it's got acres of space inside (for the class) and the engine is great for a 4 pot dagdag.

Could definitely be tempted by another honda, particularly the 2.4 accord, shame they aren't rwd though.

Soldato
OP
What made you take it then?

I must admit I've been impressed all round with my civic so far, it has it's flaws but the level of kit for the money is great, everything is well put together, it's got acres of space inside (for the class) and the engine is great for a 4 pot dagdag.

Could definitely be tempted by another honda, particularly the 2.4 accord, shame they aren't rwd though.

Mixture, of things really. The car was in great condition couple of scratches which can be buffed out. Was MOT'd as I was at the place, new rear brake discs and pads, 2 new front tyres. Price also, after p/x I only paid £3.6k for 05 Plate with all the extras. Looks much nicer than Mondeo (personal opinion)

Back
Top Bottom