If you want cheap SSDs buy sooner rather than later!

Soldato
Hello

Toshiba has announced 3 days ago that they will be cutting production of NAND by 30% as of now. The reason for this is that there is simply too much about and as a result many price drops etc have happened over the products. This means that Tosh NAND will increase in price. As a direct result of this SSDs will become more expensive.

Samsung and other NAND producers have all pretty much depleted stocks hence the drives already becoming a little more expensive in places or even out of stock. I have seen the new cost price for the 256GB Samsung 830 series for example for the month of August and the increase in cost to us is around 14.5%.

If you were thinking about buying and SSD from any brand then get one purchased whilst they are cheap. Some lines WILL drop in price a little more before they go up. As a best case scenario they will just level out.

Many of you will know that this exact same situation happens pretty much yearly with DRAM and a quick look on Google or any other search engine will confirm what I have said above.

Every single drive increasing in price is by no means concrete information but for the majority and general rule of thumb it is.

Current deals are running on Intel 330 series, anything on "Today Only" and OCZ Vertex 4.

Other drives that look to be "out priced" in the market at the moment may even see a smidge of a drop in price (think M4 128GB perhaps) as its impossible to see the cost of the NAND that these manufacturers have in inventory as this may be massively out to re-buy costs.

Soldato
/smug mode
I bought my Samsung 830 3 weeks ago and the price has not budged since. Looks like I may have bought for once at the lowest price it gets to.

Caporegime
Well then please have the crucial M4 128gb or/and the Samsung 830 128gb ssd on sale today only at £70 or even better, below that :p :D

Back
Top Bottom