• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sony Vegas Pro 11 Gpu Rendering?

Soldato
I never knew Vegas 11 used OpenCL...I've always left it on "automatic"...good to know that means my card was being used.

HD7970 here and it's never had a render fail. Just tested it with "GPU only" and still just whizzes through the render.

Soldato
OP
83991334.jpg

93749383.jpg

Associate
Ok basically, all of you are correct but wrong at the same time.

I have done a lot, and I mean a lot OF RESEARCH on this.

This generation GPU's do not work on Sony Vegas GPU rendering especially 11, as that's one of it's main features, Sony Vegas have done the patching required for the 7XXX and the GTX 6XX series.
It's Nvidia and AMD that need to realize that they've buggered up and include it in the next patch.

If you render with Mainconcept MP4, again with nvidia's cards it does not work and persist with that exact same error, yet in the properties it detects my CUDA cores on my 670, I've had this issue for ALONG time!

Basically, if you use the alternate (Sonys codec), like you suggested, it actually DOES NOT utilize the GPU at all! I stress this a lot to you, it still renders with the CPU.
I've done many tests and there was no significance. Anything until Nvidia and AMD patch Sony Vegas GPU rendering will have to be done on GTX 400-GTX 500 series and AMD upto 6XXX.

Soldato
OP
Ok basically, all of you are correct but wrong at the same time.

I have done a lot, and I mean a lot OF RESEARCH on this.

This generation GPU's do not work on Sony Vegas GPU rendering especially 11, as that's one of it's main features, Sony Vegas have done the patching required for the 7XXX and the GTX 6XX series.
It's Nvidia and AMD that need to realize that they've buggered up and include it in the next patch.

If you render with Mainconcept MP4, again with nvidia's cards it does not work and persist with that exact same error, yet in the properties it detects my CUDA cores on my 670, I've had this issue for ALONG time!

Basically, if you use the alternate (Sonys codec), like you suggested, it actually DOES NOT utilize the GPU at all! I stress this a lot to you, it still renders with the CPU.
I've done many tests and there was no significance. Anything until Nvidia and AMD patch Sony Vegas GPU rendering will have to be done on GTX 400-GTX 500 series and AMD upto 6XXX.

Thanks for the information. But when I used the Sony Codec, and selected use GPU it did run on my GPU. I checked using Gpu-z and core clock and temps went up.
What settings do you use, if you uploading to youtube?

Thanks

Associate
It is somewhat possible the gpu is taking some of the load, my GPU says a max of 17% usage when I try rendering with Sonys codec, still though CPU utilization is 70% or so. Rather than 30% usage and 80% usage on SLI GTX 460's
Sometimes I wish I hadn't upgraded :(

I use either.
WMV @ 720p 30.00 FPS
1.000 Pixel Aspect
0 Video smoothness
8M bitrate
Best project settings

2048x1152 WMV
1.333 Aspect
100% Vid smooth
12 MB bitrate
Best project settings