SNP to break up Britian?

Soldato
Just been down to England(London) for the first 'real' time, spoke to a few of your boys and they didn't seem too pleased with Alex Salmond, have various English connections in family etc - although I have always been a fan of England. I am still dubious about a breakup though. Is it all really about oil and economics or is there something I am missing here.

Soldato
It's all about Alex ***** Salmond !

I firmly believe that most Scots do NOT wish to break up the union.

THe danger is that people with nationalist tendencies feel so strongly about it that they are sure to vote in the referendum. Those of us who believe we are British as much as Scottish need to make sure we put a stop to this by voting against independence.

Britain is better off being as complete as possible - in these days of global economies and recession, there is strength in numbers - no good can come of a break up, in my opinion.

Smaller countries are not competing - bigger is better on all fronts

Caporegime
Ah GD will not be kind to this thread.

I only believe Scotland should have more responsibility, right now, it is really easy to blame Westminster for anything and everything.

That is not how a nation is supposed to run, i have been alive for a very short time, I can not bear hearing about what advantages that England gets over Scotland or Scotland over Northern Ireland or Wales over England, vice versa...etc...etc.

It is not working and the conflict only seems to be ingraining itself worse each time something profoundly obviously, yet explicitly delicious for the masses to eat at for it take hit after hit, if we cant solve our issues from 600+ years, It is not happening whatsoever, we need a clean slate.

Also I imagine the greater reason is due to the pointless political system we have developed so far, almost as bad as the US...I uhh stress the almost, though.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It's all about Alex ***** Salmond !

I firmly believe that most Scots do NOT wish to break up the union.

THe danger is that people with nationalist tendencies feel so strongly about it that they are sure to vote in the referendum. Those of us who believe we are British as much as Scottish need to make sure we put a stop to this by voting against independence.

Britain is better off being as complete as possible - in these days of global economies and recession, there is strength in numbers - no good can come of a break up, in my opinion.

Smaller countries are not competing - bigger is better on all fronts

Problem is "British as much as Scottish" is in decline.

It's predominantly Scottish first, then British. If at all, of course.

This is something the Union has to adapt to if it is to have longevity.

It's not Unionists or Nationalists that are going to count in this, they have been broadly relative for decades [circa 30% each]. It's those who have yet to make up their mind [40%], if at all.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I have got to say, screw biohazard, when it comes to real topics one thing is obvious from his posts and that is that he , is a coward!!.

/Troll wave!

You're all too easy to spot. Especially the ones that register because of me. I know I'm ruffling some feathers then. :) ;)

Soldato
As a scot, I would like more direct control for scotland, but never independence. At least not under that idiot alex salmond, he is a delusional nutcase IMO. I knew very few scots who want the breakup. and the few that do (that I personally have met) are idiots.

Man of Honour
if the Scots want to go it alone, then that is their choice, but as reality is starting to encroach on the snp (see the need to reapply for eu membership as a new applicant, and the point raised about how a currency union is unacceptable given the eurozone example), I have my doubts that will be their choice.

Soldato
Meh, let him have his referendum, if he loses, then he can bugger off, if he wins then it'll be a shame, but to be honest I don't think Scotland contributes much to the union, wouldn't the rest of the UK actually be better off financially as Scotland takes more than it gives?

Caporegime
Meh, let him have his referendum, if he loses, then he can bugger off, if he wins then it'll be a shame, but to be honest I don't think Scotland contributes much to the union, wouldn't the rest of the UK actually be better off financially as Scotland takes more than it gives?

Oh dear lord.

:(

Permabanned
if the Scots want to go it alone, then that is their choice, but as reality is starting to encroach on the snp (see the need to reapply for eu membership as a new applicant, and the point raised about how a currency union is unacceptable given the eurozone example), I have my doubts that will be their choice.

Both states will be in the same situation in the advent of succession. Interestingly.

Soldato
Last I read, the success of the Olympics and many of the Scots who make up part of Team GB has made a huge blow to Salmond's campaign.

Back
Top Bottom